News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The G*ddamn G*ddamn (SHO)

Started by Giantsinbloom, May 28, 2013, 07:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giantsinbloom

So, Being relatively new I am not sure how well expletives are received here. Mods, if this is unsavory, feel free to let me know and I will remove it as I definitely do not want to step on any toes. Although, I did just read a very interesting "klon" thread that leads me to believe I may be alright posting this pedal.  ;D

This is the "Goddamn! Goddamn," A Super Hard on Clone I built it for the guitarist in my current band. When he originally asked me to build him one, all he said was "I want it to be called the Goddamn Goddamn, I want it pink with an orange knob, and the rest is up to you." So in keeping with that spirit, I tried to make this pedal as, 'ahem...' as "interesting" as possible.

So this is the end result. Its my very first Vero-board build, which came with its own set of complications and troubleshooting, but I got to learn a ton. I feel like this style really helped to outline the way a circuit is laid out. I swapped out the 10m resistors for 2m2 as madbean suggested in his slambox build to give a bit darker output. With each successive build I feel like my guts get a bit tidier, but I think I am still a long way off from the clean works of art that some of you put out.

Additionally, I tried a spray enamel this time as opposed to a poly. I really like how it turned out and I am interested in how long it will last comparatively. I also just really need to nail down a good process for getting rid of air bubbles in the waterslide. I still got a few small ones in this build as evidenced in the third photo. Oh well!

Thanks for looking!

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Giantsinbloom

Ha, thanks! My only regret is not fitting a Jurassic Park reference in there somewhere....

ch1naski

I love it, man. Looks fantastic. It isn't always easy to get tidy on the guts with vero builds.  Great job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

TreeSlayer

awesome job, Bro! no offence here... pu$$y pink is a great choice of color....
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

ch1naski

Now I'm offended.
;D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

rullywowr

Looks goddamn great!  Welcome to the forum.   :D

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

sonarchotic

In hole, out hole! Brilliant!

jimilee

The easiest way to get rid of air bubbles is to put it on your board, grab your guitar and play the hell out of it. Can't even see the air bubbles can you?  :P That is an interesting build for sure. Welcome aboard!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.