News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Phaser suggestion?

Started by das234, May 26, 2013, 08:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

Quote from: alanp on May 27, 2013, 04:41:51 AM
Between the StageFright and the Doppelganger... I like the Dop. You could try the Mutron one, 3sec has had good results with that, and I think Brian did a layout for it.

I dig the dop too but I'm still in the "entry level" stage of the game so I'll do something cheaper and less elaborate now and save the big monsters for later.

billstein

Quote from: jimilee on May 27, 2013, 02:18:54 AM
Oh yeah I got one of them too! I love phasers. ;D

Hey Jimi. I have a bass player that wants me to build a chorus for him. Do you change anything for bass or use them stock?

GrindCustoms

Quote from: billstein on May 27, 2013, 05:32:42 PM

Hey Jimi. I have a bass player that wants me to build a chorus for him. Do you change anything for bass or use them stock?

I convert a lot of effect to bass use....after fooling for hours in my first conversions..., i've came to the conclusion that all you want is to have the widest frequency range entering and exiting the effect.

Most of the time i will just change the input/output cap of the effect and follow the «direct signal path» and tune those capacitor values accordingly so there's no bass cut happening anywhere...otherwise the input cap change would become redundant.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jimilee

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 27, 2013, 05:37:32 PM
Quote from: billstein on May 27, 2013, 05:32:42 PM

I convert a lot of effect to bass use....after fooling for hours in my first conversions..., i've came to the conclusion that all you want is to have the widest frequency range entering and exiting the effect.

Most of the time i will just change the input/output cap of the effect and follow the «direct signal path» and tune those capacitor values accordingly so there's no bass cut happening anywhere...otherwise the input cap change would become redundant.
This
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

You could always put a 4pdt switch on a harbinger.  .0033 for the phase caps and you are good to go.  It just so happens that the cut out at the top of the pcb is the perfect size for the switch.   ;D.

Probably not a good project for a beginner though.
Matt

aballen

I built a tour billion, a smoothie(p45) and a phase 90.  I he to say I the three the p90 sounds the best for me. 

Still have to try the mutron.  I hear its great.

jimilee

Quote from: aballen on May 29, 2013, 12:15:33 AM
I built a tour billion, a smoothie(p45) and a phase 90.  I he to say I the three the p90 sounds the best for me. 

Still have to try the mutron.  I hear its great.
The ross is pretty bitchin,you have to try that one if you like the 90
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

garfo

I like my tuned smallstone clone