News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EA Trem - Double Check

Started by rullywowr, May 26, 2013, 02:30:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rullywowr

Hello,

I was wondering if you guys could check the original schematic and the one in Eagle just to be sure I didn't mess something up.

I made a layout and am getting no blinking LED or sound from my etched board.  Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsxzazy6ol8dc2m/EAtremolo.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dt80j2l5lsso2m/EA%20Trem%20eagle%20schem.png

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

midwayfair

Schem's fine. What are your voltages?

Get the dry path working first. Pull q3 and replace it with a small resistor. You should get a very loud signal.

rullywowr

Thanks midway, I will have to pull the voltages.  The only thing I can think of is maybe I fried the trannys when I soldered them in.  I should have used sockets, I will socket them first and then check voltages. 

gtr2

It's may just be the picture but your intersection at D1, Q3, and C5 does not appear to be connected to R8/C6.  Did error check show anything?

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

midwayfair

Quote from: gtr2 on May 26, 2013, 09:26:31 PM
It's may just be the picture but your intersection at D1, Q3, and C5 does not appear to be connected to R8/C6.  Did error check show anything?

Josh

Looks that way on mine when I zoom in, too. Hard to see at normal size.

rullywowr

You guys rock!  Thanks so much for the sharp eyes, this has GOT to be the culprit!  I connected that junction and now just have to reroute the wire in the layout.  I feel like "drrrrrrrt."  The DRC/ERC didn't catch this one.

For helping me out, I would be glad to pay it forward send you each a board if you wish - just PM me your mailing address.  I should be whipping up the next batch soon.

Thanks!   ;D

jkokura

You can wire that manually using a jumper with your current batch of boards.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Thanks JK.  A jumper will work and I will try it to just to verify operation, but it would be cool to just have it work right from the get go!  No hacking allowed  ;D  

I have about 6-8 extra boards that I made of this layout that would require a jumper (if it works)...boo.  I am  glad to PIF and hook board members up.  The 1uF cap spacing was a little tight but it seems to be cool for a PCB mounted pot EA Trem board.

I attached the file where the jumper would need to be (red unrouted)  Gonna check it tonight and let you guys know.

Sharp eyes around here!

gtr2

It won't show an error because there were no unused pins on any of your components.  For instance, if you were missing wire spot and R8 wasn't connected to C6 you would have gotten an error.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Edit... never mind.

Mistakes like this happen to the best of us.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

rullywowr

Went home, added jumper to my home etched PCB and whaddya know...board fired right up - blinking LED and its all good.  Adjusted my layout and sent off to have a few prototypes PCBs fabbed.

Thanks again guys.