News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer problem

Started by REPTAR, May 25, 2013, 07:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPTAR

I recently built a kingslayer.  I chose the buffered version.  In bypass and effect on, the led stays on.  I'm thinking it may be something to do with the switch? I used a dpdt.  I get sound in both bypass and when the effect is on.  When it's on, it acts as a clean boost, the switches don't have any effect on the sound, and I can't manage to get any clipping out of it. The gain pot acts as if it is wired backwards, but it's not, I triple checked, and it just makes the volume louder, it doesn't add any dirt to the signal.  I have 1n34 in D4 & D5, red 3mm leds in D8 & D9, and bat46 in D2 & D3.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jimilee

Di you check for solder bridges and all the basic trouble shooting stuffs?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

REPTAR

yep.  Everything looks fine to me.

REPTAR

Everything works fine if I wire it for true bypass.  In buffer mode, it only works if I disconnect the ground/sleeve connection to the switch, which disables the led.

jimilee

Quote from: REPTAR on May 25, 2013, 11:38:28 PM
Everything works fine if I wire it for true bypass.  In buffer mode, it only works if I disconnect the ground/sleeve connection to the switch, which disables the led.
I noticed that also with mine. The led is grounded to the enclosure itself on mine and the hot wire goes to the board. Works, and I think that's weird.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.