News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Help with Harbinger One build

Started by Mycpotter, May 25, 2013, 04:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulyy

;D It WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!
The 50K INT pot was wired wrong. I had lug one and two mixed up. Rookie move. I should say that I haven't plug it in to my amp yet but the lamp is pulsing and so is the led. I need to get to bed but thank you everyone for helping. I'll be posting more info if something else goes wrong.

fixxe

Good to hear! :)
*diode-destroyer-high-five*

paulyy

Thanks Fixxe. Now its time for mods.  ;D

Mycpotter

Finally got back to working in this after a much needed holiday:
Harbinger is now working perfectly, as it turns out R45 which I believe connects to the rate LED wasn't getting to ground so the LFO wasn't able to start without it, for some reason jumpering the rate LED pads or having an LED installed didn't make the required connection (i may have broken a trace somehow...) so I ran a wire from the pads direct to ground and presto, swirly goodness for some reason :)

Thanks very much to Pryde for his patience and help!!!

redmojosteve

Hi,
This is the first pedal I have built for a few years but I have been building EQ's, pre-amps and the odd compressor in the meantime all of which work nicely. That's the good bit. I have got the Harbinger all nicely constructed and it does seem to do what it's supposed to do ie. speed, intensity, gain etc work. Fet position for more gain works, but I must admit, the sound coming out is far from lush! I am getting quite a good bird impersonation (like a tweet!!) coming through with no input signal and the sound in general is very harsh like diode clipping. I have checked all of the component values and orientations and they are OK. The only change from the original is that I used a 200K trimmer for the offset as I couldn't get a 250K one. I couldn't see this making much difference as hopefully the trimmers would end up around middle sort of values. The lamp intensity seems to be just fine so I can't imagine it's far off being right but clearly it isn't. I can't find any solder bridges nor have I spotted any dry joints. Incidentally I am using the 9v layout and a 9v dc regulated supply. Has anyone had this sort of problem before?
Any advice is much appreciated.
Cheers
Steve

redmojosteve

I can answer my own submission! I think there were a number of small issues which made things messy. The power supply wasn't regulated so I've fitted the filter board after which the performance was almost non existent. However when I checked the voltages I found I was getting around 5.6V dc before I remembered the issue with R54. I jumpered this and lo and behold it's all working nicely. Thanks for a great site!
Cheers
Steve