News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NGD! 8ft V4 stack!

Started by BraindeadAudio, May 24, 2013, 04:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Quote from: billstein on May 24, 2013, 06:21:53 PM
I think I just developed Tinnitus when I looked at that photo.

WHAT?? ?? ??  ;)
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

BraindeadAudio

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on May 24, 2013, 06:19:48 PM
Beastly set-up. I had 2 of those V4 cabs, solid as ever but heavy as hell. Great sound. I sold those awhile ago cause I'm more into Sunn anyways..Still take my 1st gen Model T and 2 4x12L cabs over that anyday..sorry

Magic, we both know you shouldnt tempt me to get more amps and cabs! hahaha

BraindeadAudio

The other half of this rig(yes this is only half haha) is going to be a DR504 Hiwatt fullstack.

atreidesheir

looks like it already took out the ceiling fan. :D
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

slimtriggers

I love that you have this in your kitchen!   8)

gtr2

You should get a fridge that matches  ;)
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jimilee

Quote from: slimtriggers on May 24, 2013, 11:27:33 PM
What we need to know is what's in the living room that this wouldn't fit in there?  ;D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

alanp

I've heard good things about Telefunken valves :)

So, invested in earplugs yet?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

gordo

I've serviced a few old V4/V22 heads/combos and can comfortably say that along with Hiwatt's they are the most crazy loud amps I've encountered.  The ones I've worked on didn't have masters.  My dog was a little skittish for weeks after the last one ;)

Probably the widest range tone controls I've ever heard and built like a sherman tank (and about as easy to pick up.  I'll charge by the pound next time...
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

BraindeadAudio

Quote from: jimilee on May 25, 2013, 12:33:48 AM
Quote from: slimtriggers on May 24, 2013, 11:27:33 PM
What we need to know is what's in the living room that this wouldn't fit in there?  ;D

Oh thats the secret. Lets say its similar to this, the v4 and oversized cab are pictured here, along with another v4, my HIWATT and some other stuff. My gear is scattered amongst my shop, the studio and my house right now. Moving into a new apartment soon and want to take a full photo of all the amps stacked side by side in my living room.

lincolnic

It's taller than the fridge.

stecykmi

jimilee

Quote from: lincolnic on May 25, 2013, 04:38:21 AM
It's taller than the fridge.
doesn't keep stuff nearly as cold though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

davent

"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

BraindeadAudio

Ive had my eye on a 72 Model T with a 4x12 and a 4x15 MAGNA cab......Debating it hard.