News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Mishegas Box

Started by Zerstorte Zelle, May 23, 2013, 01:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zerstorte Zelle

A producer friend of mine asked if I could build him a pedalboard for his Pro Tools rig. Just finished this last week. Pretty happy with the way it turned out.

"The Mishegas Box." Hammertone green 2U rack with four effects and one effects loop with reamp & di in/out/through as well as 1/4 input etc etc. Jensen transformer. The only issue is now I want to build myself one.

ZZ

hoodoo

Hey man, very impressive, but what are the effects your lucky friend got

jimilee

That's a lot of "holy crap!" right there,very impressive,how about a video walk through.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

selfdestroyer

Is that an etched rack mount faceplate? Dear lord that looks awesome. And that green is perfect, great job.

pickdropper

First of all, great build.

Second of all, this clearly enters into "how many peeps will fit in the box" territory.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Zerstorte Zelle

Ha... thanks everyone.

Quote from: hoodoo on May 23, 2013, 02:26:16 PM
Hey man, very impressive, but what are the effects your lucky friend got

Zombii / Karate Shop / Slow Loris / Darkside. I know it's a lot of drive but we've talked about it's intended uses and figured this would be the best route. There have been more talks about an expansion unit down the road.

Quote from: jimilee on May 23, 2013, 02:38:28 PM
That's a lot of "holy crap!" right there,very impressive,how about a video walk through.

Thank you. There were some "holy crap" moments here too. Mostly in the drilling department as it was all hand drilled without a press. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I didn't make a proper video although I'll have to see if I can get to his studio after it's installed and shoot a proper walkthrough. I have some small poor videos I'll try and up later if I can.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 23, 2013, 03:06:50 PM
Is that an etched rack mount faceplate? Dear lord that looks awesome. And that green is perfect, great job.

Thanks! The plate is hammered with metal letter stamps and a big ass ball peen hammer. Normally I rivet them on but the location did not permit in this instance.

Quote from: pickdropper on May 23, 2013, 03:37:48 PM
First of all, great build.

Second of all, this clearly enters into "how many peeps will fit in the box" territory.

Ha! I know. The answer is a lot of peeps. I needed a 2U and I couldn't locate a shallow one unfortunately so I used the power amp sized kind. I thought about filling it will all manner of joke things but then figured it wasn't worth the risk of static. Task number one is locate a shallow box for next time.

ZZ

raulduke

Epic build alert!

Love it!

Mike B.

Epic build indeed!

I've been itching to try something like this, and maybe integrate something like Curt's programmable switcher. This may be the motivation to get off my arse and give it a try!

eldanko

This is a brilliant idea. The Jensen transformer in particular is a nice touch. Where'd you pick that up? I can think of at least a couple of uses for such a thing in my rigs...

It makes me so happy that this is now a recognized standard on this forum.  ;D
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

jkokura

Quote from: eldanko on May 23, 2013, 07:26:03 PM

Is this where that started?

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=4493.msg39771#msg39771

I think we should lobby Brian to make that a requirement for an upcoming Monthly build contest.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Parra

jtn191

great build in a unconventional enclosure! What's the transformer for, the option of unbalanced/balanced?

lincolnic

Oh yeah! This is fantastic, especially the bits of Yiddish hiding on there. Dare I ask what the Kvetch and Fleysh knobs actually control?

Zerstorte Zelle

Quote from: jtn191 on May 24, 2013, 01:45:10 AM
great build in a unconventional enclosure! What's the transformer for, the option of unbalanced/balanced?

yeah it's the direct ouput transformer.

Quote from: lincolnic on May 24, 2013, 02:11:46 AM
Oh yeah! This is fantastic, especially the bits of Yiddish hiding on there. Dare I ask what the Kvetch and Fleysh knobs actually control?

kvetsch i the sweep on the slow loris and fleysh is the tone on the dark side. kibitz is q1 bias on the zombii.

DutchMF

Quote from: jkokura on May 23, 2013, 07:52:08 PM
Quote from: eldanko on May 23, 2013, 07:26:03 PM

Is this where that started?

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=4493.msg39771#msg39771

I think we should lobby Brian to make that a requirement for an upcoming Monthly build contest.

Jacob

If you do, be prepared to ship some cases to several strategic locations in europe, as we can't buy them over here.....  ;)

Back on track: very cool idea dude, and nicely executed! That faceplate is amazing!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"