News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My Fozzaround

Started by das234, May 22, 2013, 07:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

das234

Here's my second pedal, the Fozzaround.  Obviously it's my spin on the Buzzaround.  It works fine BUT the LED doesn't.  Any suggestions?  Maybe it has something to do with the pedal's reversed polarity? UPDATE- The LED is fixed!

midwayfair

Anything with muppets can be counted on to get a thumbs up from me ... And Fozzy is my wife's favorite muppet.

nzCdog

Great build man... Fozz ftw! I've been subliminally introducing the muppet show to my kids... long live the Muppets! 8)

Quote from: das234 on May 22, 2013, 07:48:20 PM
Any suggestions?  Maybe it has something to do with the pedal's reversed polarity?
Definitely a possibility, if it's wired backwards it wont turn on. The project doc shows the correct wiring, double check your guts :)

jimilee

See now,those grapics are awesome. I thought I was the only one who went all silly on the graphics. How's it sound?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

das234

thanks.  Yeah, I like Fozzie so the Fozzaround was the perfect spin.  It sounds good with the AC125s in it.  I can pretty much replicate the Buzzaround tones I heard on the Youtube videos that convinced me to build it.  I'm not set up to get a decent recording of it though.

As for the LED problem, I made a new post in the tech help section about that.  I did check the wiring against the diagram for the Buzzaround with Road Rage and everything matches.

I hope I get it fixed soon so I can dive into the Sea Urchin (sneak preview... mine will be "the jellyfish").

jimilee

Quote from: das234 on May 23, 2013, 01:20:29 AM
thanks.  Yeah, I like Fozzie so the Fozzaround was the perfect spin.  It sounds good with the AC125s in it.  I can pretty much replicate the Buzzaround tones I heard on the Youtube videos that convinced me to build it.  I'm not set up to get a decent recording of it though.

As for the LED problem, I made a new post in the tech help section about that.  I did check the wiring against the diagram for the Buzzaround with Road Rage and everything matches.

I hope I get it fixed soon so I can dive into the Sea Urchin (sneak preview... mine will be "the jellyfish").
Total spongebob theme!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

culturejam

Yes, I would guess the reversed power polarity is what is preventing the LED from lighting up.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

TNblueshawk

Nice build.

If you are using the Road Rage to reverse the polarity then would you not just wire up as normal? So anode to +9v and cathode to ground?
John

gingataff

thats what I did and it works ok.

sounds to me like the led is either backwards or dead.

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

eldanko

Favorite artwork I've seen all month. I salute you!
www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

das234

Quote from: eldanko on May 24, 2013, 06:56:42 PM
Favorite artwork I've seen all month. I salute you!

That's a great compliment.  Thanks!  The whole DIY pedal thing has been a big learning curve for me, including the graphics, inkscape, water slide decals, etc.  But I'm really digging it and I expect (like everyone else) I'll build way more pedals than I need or can supply power to.