News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Kingslayer diode question

Started by cfrey, May 22, 2013, 02:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cfrey

The doc's for D2 and D3 state: "I found BAT46 to work very nice here in either asymmetrical (two on one side, one on the other) or paired up (two in series on each side)"

When it says "two on one side" does that mean two soldered together in parallel (both pointing the same way) and somehow soldering one of the leads into the pcb holes? Or does it mean more like the second part, where they will get soldered in series?

Also, do the options here make a big enough sonic difference to where I should socket these 2 spots (subjective I know)?

midwayfair

Quote from: cfrey on May 22, 2013, 02:27:48 PM
Or does it mean more like the second part, where they will get soldered in series?

That one.

jkokura

Generally, "two on one side, one on the other" would be two in series on one side pointing the same direction, and one on the other pointing the opposite direction. So... like this:

--|>--|>--
----<|----

It's always fun to socket diodes and try options. I've heard enough different diodes to know what I like and what I don't, so I usually just solder in a favorite, but sometimes it's fun to revisit or try new ones. I've even opened up boxes I've used for years with the same diodes and popped new ones in to try for a while.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

cfrey

Thanks!
Glad I asked because I was leaning toward the other way!