Main Menu

Australia?

Started by jtn191, May 21, 2013, 05:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Quote from: jkokura on May 24, 2013, 04:00:31 PM
2nd best Madbean thread evar.

Jacob

I'm guessing your favorite wasn't the one on swearing in the english language? But still like to know what you think was/is the best!  ;)

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

juansolo

Quote from: DutchMF on May 21, 2013, 05:18:34 PMBut when you come from Holland, everything else is special....

I think you're being harsh there. Of the places I've visited in Europe so far, Holland is my favourite. It's so laid back and the Dutch are genuinely the nicest people on the planet. Even the cops were cool when searching us for drugs at Rotterdam, great sense of humour.

It reminds me of Yorkshire, just with better English speakers. Being from England, I can deal with the moistness of the weather :)
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Mycpotter

I was born and bred in Perth, Western Australia and wouldn't live anywhere else, not that I haven't seen anywhere else, the worlds a cool place in general. Melbourne would be the place to go for music related activities as the scene here while quite good is still very small compared to the east coast. Still we are a country of very laid back, easy going people who will mostly have a yarn (chat) with anyone.

Definitely rent/download "The Castle", I don't know any Aussie that doesn't love that movie or remember quotes from it.

If you end up over in Western Australia or anywhere on the top end it does get ridiculously hot. The only thing remotely like snow I've ever seen is what I scrape from my freezer.

Yes, there are snakes/spiders/etc that can potentially kill you rather quickly and they do end up in the suburbs at times, you will get used to it tho.

Usually a blue (fight) will eventually end up as a beer at the pub later with the person you're arguing with.

If someone says "F*** off mate" to you most of the time they just don't believe what your saying or don't know about the subject you're talking about, other times your too close to his girlfriend. It's the only place I know where you can insult someone and call them friend out in the open without offence. All in all a pretty tops place to live. :)

juansolo

Quote from: Mycpotter on May 25, 2013, 11:03:02 AMIf someone says "F*** off mate" to you most of the time they just don't believe what your saying or don't know about the subject you're talking about, other times your too close to his girlfriend. It's the only place I know where you can insult someone and call them friend out in the open without offence. All in all a pretty tops place to live. :)

Ah you need to go into the swearing sorry, Klon thread. It's one of the things we in the UK share with the Aussies and Kiwis I reckon. The ability to swear, sometimes quite harshly, in a natural, jovial friendly manner. Something many other places just don't get.

Mycpotter

Quote from: juansolo on May 25, 2013, 04:10:51 PM
Quote from: Mycpotter on May 25, 2013, 11:03:02 AMIf someone says "F*** off mate" to you most of the time they just don't believe what your saying or don't know about the subject you're talking about, other times your too close to his girlfriend. It's the only place I know where you can insult someone and call them friend out in the open without offence. All in all a pretty tops place to live. :)

Ah you need to go into the swearing sorry, Klon thread. It's one of the things we in the UK share with the Aussies and Kiwis I reckon. The ability to swear, sometimes quite harshly, in a natural, jovial friendly manner. Something many other places just don't get.

My dad was English and ex British navy, he basically taught me how to swear, I was pretty much doomed from the beginning :D

juansolo

Quote from: Mycpotter on May 25, 2013, 04:24:25 PM

My dad was English and ex British navy, he basically taught me how to swear, I was pretty much doomed from the beginning :D

Swearing like a sailor *thumbs up*

I've also bounced the Klon thread in case you missed it. Best thread on the board.

DutchMF

Quote from: juansolo on May 25, 2013, 07:54:20 AM
Quote from: DutchMF on May 21, 2013, 05:18:34 PMBut when you come from Holland, everything else is special....

I think you're being harsh there. Of the places I've visited in Europe so far, Holland is my favourite. It's so laid back and the Dutch are genuinely the nicest people on the planet. Even the cops were cool when searching us for drugs at Rotterdam, great sense of humour.

It reminds me of Yorkshire, just with better English speakers. Being from England, I can deal with the moistness of the weather :)

Yeah, I am being harsh, but that's what we do: bitch and whine, then bitch some more... When a dutchman doesn't complain about something, check his pulse, because he's probably dead! No, seriously, it is a very cool country to live in, and I would never leave it for more then a couple of weeks. Thanks for the compliment Juan, especially the part about speaking better english then the people in Yorkshire!  ;) You should see us pull together when soccer's involved....

Paul

jkokura

Quote from: Mycpotter on May 25, 2013, 11:03:02 AM
Definitely rent/download "The Castle", I don't know any Aussie that doesn't love that movie or remember quotes from it.

Tell 'im he's dreaming.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Mycpotter

Quote from: juansolo on May 25, 2013, 04:41:13 PM
Quote from: Mycpotter on May 25, 2013, 04:24:25 PM

Swearing like a sailor *thumbs up*

I've also bounced the Klon thread in case you missed it. Best thread on the board.

Thanks! I'll have a read through it for Lol's :)

Mycpotter

Quote from: jkokura on May 25, 2013, 10:26:05 PM
Quote from: Mycpotter on May 25, 2013, 11:03:02 AM

Tell 'im he's dreaming.

Jacob

Personal favourite : "Dad, he reckons powerlines are a reminder of man's ability to generate electricity." :D

wgc

Is that the movie about the guy fighting the government in court to keep his house against plans to build an on ramp for the airport or something like that?  If so, I watched it some years ago on a sick day from work.  Loved it.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

atreidesheir

I could live in any country with the genetic potential to create Olivia Newton-John.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

GrindCustoms

If i could, i would move in Oz in a heartbeat....always digged that country...

I like beasts, reptiles and huge insects...and kangaroo steak...!

With time i've met couple folks from there and really appreciated the meeting, nice people who are not afraid to party and get into badass situation (that's another story)

I'd say that it's pretty much the same here in Quebec, you can give shit to everybody and then drink a beer with them, WIN!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

DutchMF

Quote from: GrindCustoms on May 26, 2013, 03:48:46 PM
...and kangaroo steak...!

+1 on kangaroo steak, Skippy is quite tasty!

Mycpotter

Quote from: wgc on May 26, 2013, 01:43:32 PM
Is that the movie about the guy fighting the government in court to keep his house against plans to build an on ramp for the airport or something like that?  If so, I watched it some years ago on a sick day from work.  Loved it.

Yep that's the movie.