News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harmonic Energizer

Started by billstein, May 21, 2013, 04:32:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billstein

My first build report.  ;D It's a Harmonic Energizer (Karate Shop). I love this pedal, put it in front of a Rat and instant Michael Schenker tones. Now if I just had his talent.

lincolnic

Looks great! That etched faceplate is classy.

nzCdog

Man that is classy looking!  Nice build, great fonts :)

midwayfair

Excellent name plate. :)

Looks really good inside, too.

165 posts and no build reports?!  :o

DutchMF

Quote from: midwayfair on May 21, 2013, 02:25:58 PM
165 posts and no build reports?!  :o

I was thinking the same thing!! And don't worry, Michael Schenker couldn't build pedals this nice.... For what it's worth, you did damn, damn, damn good for your first build report!!! Now you do have me slightly worried about what you're going to come up with next, must be ridiculously cool!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Vallhagen

Yes, i like red pedals. Impressive first build!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

rullywowr

Wow! It really looks like you've done your homework. I like the etched face plate. Great-looking first build.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Have to be honest. This is not my first build, it is my first build report here. I used to build pedals 11-12 years ago and for various reasons stopped. I fell off the wagon and started up again recently. I forgot how addicting this hobby is and I am amazed at how much I forgot in the time I've been away. I definitely feel like a noob, though some of the old things I learned seeps back in every once in awhile. Recently I found myself sketching out mods again on scrap pieces of paper, yet still stumped by basics I used to understand.

What is really challenging me on this board is the internal craftsmanship. I always figured that if it works it's fine. Now I'm thinking through every aspect.

So, it's been a long time but the addiction is raging again. It's good to be back again... I think... my wallet is definitely taking a beating. :(

I really want to thank everyone who have helped me on this board. Hopefully I will be able to contribute something again soon.

billstein

Quote from: midwayfair on May 21, 2013, 02:25:58 PM

165 posts and no build reports?!  :o

I know. I've been building circuits but haven't been boxing.

Two Rub-a-dubs. One for my wife, one for me.
Two Porkbarrels. One for my wife, one for me.
One Multiplex, Thunderpuss, Slow Loris, Serendipity, Cosmopolitan, Small Clone and a Double Flush.

Ever since I've built a test rig, it is so easy to plug in and play even when they aren't boxed. I've built it so I can combine pedals easily. So, I have been using the pedals already.

I also have two Big Muff's (P19 and Mayo), a Meathead and two Ross Compressors I have boxed and need to get a build report up.

fendman

Just love the graphics on the test box : 8)

spaceboss

Yeah. The test box is sick!  8)

Every time I see on of those Energizers I want to get to build one, and yours looks killer inside and out.

Guitarmageddon

Great build of an great pedal.
Love that test box too.
I'm also guilty of building far more effects than I box. ;D
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

bcalla

billstein

Thank you everyone for your encouraging words.

jimilee

Can we hear the harmonic energizer???
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.