News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Problems You'd Never Dream Of

Started by alanp, May 17, 2013, 05:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1reeper

I built a Dr. Boogie, turn it on, LED works, but no sound, bypass works as well.  I try to troubleshoot for a week, quit, and left for 8 months to university.  I come home for the summer, look at the pedal again, and realize I labeled the input and output jacks opposite of each other.  Switched the cables, the pedals worked fine.  I took some time off of building pedals after that.

chromesphere

I was sick of recharging this old failing 9v battery all the time so i bought a new / expensive rechargable Energiser.

Was testing a freshly built rebote.  No sound etc etc.  I got called away for about 15 mins.  Came back.  Whats that smell?  Hah, seems i found the problem.  + and - on the battery must have been shorted because it was HOT and was no longer a rectangular shape.  I didnt know you could actually DO that.  One of the many things we learn along the path :)

Paul
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

Scruffie

A long time back with a build in a 1590B I noticed the LED would always be dimly on even with nothing plugged in to the input jack, checked all my wiring and it was all fine but noticed it stopped happening without the lid screwed on, turns out the lid was squeezing the battery snap end and shorting it together. Always used T-Style after that.
Works at Lectric-FX