News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Nautilus - 'deep sea' art

Started by midwayfair, May 17, 2013, 01:08:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I would love to have tour artistic talents, but the best I can do is comical decals.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Bret608

I love the direction this thread went...I'm afraid I'm going to have to demand that you do an Italo Calvino-themed one next time! Something from Invisible Cities perhaps...

Just teasing! I just enjoyed the literary and other references. The art on this rules. You do subtle well!

midwayfair

Quote from: Bret608 on May 17, 2013, 09:01:18 PM
I love the direction this thread went...I'm afraid I'm going to have to demand that you do an Italo Calvino-themed one next time! Something from Invisible Cities perhaps...

Just teasing! I just enjoyed the literary and other references. The art on this rules. You do subtle well!

This post is amazing.

I've taken to putting little cryptic things on the bottom of my pedals for customers recently, and the quote on the bottom of this one was:
"They developed eyes at our expense."

It's from "The Spiral," which is the last story in Cosmicomics.

I mean, it's not exactly a secret that I'm a Calvino fan (the title of my band's second album is pretty good proof of that ...) But this is a pretty fun coincidence.

I could do a double pedal in honor of The Cloven Viscount. Or something in honor of Il Barone Ramparte.

Excuse me, I have to go build something now.

gordo

Quote from: jimilee on May 17, 2013, 06:37:04 PM
I would love to have tour artistic talents, but the best I can do is comical decals.

Jimi,

Your red sparkle phaser is EASILY one of my fave enclosures.  No labels, no markings.  TONS of mojo.  So don't underestimate the artistic talents...

It's not even on my pedal board (yet).  Just sits on my desk and makes me smile from time to time.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

jimilee

Quote from: gordo on May 18, 2013, 02:42:58 AM
Quote from: jimilee on May 17, 2013, 06:37:04 PM

Jimi,

Your red sparkle phaser is EASILY one of my fave enclosures.  No labels, no markings.  TONS of mojo.  So don't underestimate the artistic talents...

It's not even on my pedal board (yet).  Just sits on my desk and makes me smile from time to time.
Thanks Gordo,I dug it too. Gonna build another one just like it. That is easily one of the best sounding phasers I have built. My band mates gave me a hard time for the enclosure though.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

lincolnic

All build reports should be so entertaining. The awesome pedal doesn't hurt, either.

TNblueshawk

John

Vallhagen

Quote from: midwayfair on May 17, 2013, 01:08:12 AM

Not comparing myself to Mark Twain.

uhuh uhuh... ;)

I myself try to take advantage of limitations when it comes to artistics or creativity (as in opposite to artistic freedom). As if I have to move around in this little square, i reeeally shall fill that square full with quality. And those limits can be caused by limited resources (tools, colors, instruments...), customer reqs (as in your case) or (mostly) my own skills (I cant paint like Michelangelo, but im pretty good at drawing parallell lines on a paper. Then i shall (dammit!) place those lines in the very best way!).

Well, slightly OT but ... as a reflection on Mr Twain. I bet he produced better stuff after that perfume story:)

Your box looks great Jon. Black is the new black!

Cheers!
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

jvg13