News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Harbinger One...Number Two!

Started by pryde, May 16, 2013, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is my second Harbinger One Build. The first one was for another fella and I loved it so much I had to build myself one  ;D

Again I used the on-board filtering running it with a 9v One-spot adapter. Sounds absolutely great, very deep and lush as a Univibe should be.

Went with another etched enclosure. Turned out pretty nice except the "U" came out a bit choppy but I can live with it. The chickenhead knobs make up for it I think  ;)

Having built 2 of these now I would definetely recommend the "taller" 1590BB box over the standard one. The height of the lamp and the dual-pot makes the circuit very tall. Not sure how this would fit in a regulat 1590BB unless there is a shorter lamp out there? Anyway if on the fence, build this monster. It sounds so damn good.

DutchMF

Damn, that is one good lookin' build!! Makes me want to finish my own Vibe (Jacob K's, got working, but messed up the wiring and the art on the box....) Good job on a second one!!!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

soldersqueeze

Ohhh purty. I like the wobbly leg dance your photocells seem to be doing as well!
I have the board and pretty much all the parts waiting, but I don't know if I should just avoid the whole dual-pot under the board thing and build it into a big box with flying wires...
I'd love to get it looking like this though!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Parra

nice build, and the etch looks really cool!

pickdropper

Wow, that etch is wonderful.  Really cool graphical layout.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

wolfingsworth

This is soooo cool! I think I like this one even better than the Hendrix graphic (which says a lot!) Congrats!

midwayfair

Droool.

I think this guy made your photocells:

jubal81

Spectacular. I like this one better, too.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GhostofJohnToad

Very nice again!  And thanks for the heads up on enclosure size.  I think I'll get the tallboy to be on the safe side.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

pryde

Thanks all.

@midwayfair: I love Adventure Time  ;D

The squiggly photocells were a bit of an accident as I first used a socket for the lamp and had the photocell lead height to match the "tall" lamp. After realizing this would not work due to the enclosure height, I removed the lamp socket and bent the photocell leads to accomodate the lower height.  All is good, looks kinda cool I think.

nzCdog

hoodoo

That is a great etch mate, perfect for that pedal.

Matt

What are you using to cover the lamp? 

Very cool build.  Can't wait to get mine boxed up.
Matt