News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mammoth Problems

Started by playpunk, May 15, 2013, 03:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

Hello Madbeanians.

I recently ordered a whole bunch of stuff from Mammoth, and I ordered some enclosures in both orders. They didn't get the size or drilling pattern right on the enclosure from the first order, and sent me unpainted enclosures on the second order.

They haven't responded to an email, and no one picked up the phone when I just called. Is this normal? Are they just bad at filling enclosure orders?
"my legend grows" - playpunk

GermanCdn

I'll preface this by saying that I've never had problems with Mammoth enclosure orders, but......

It's not uncommon that they have problems with their enclosure orders, it does not seem to be their strongest suit.  Typically they do respond to issues fairly quickly.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Peteyboy

Hey, I had a similar issue with Mammoth.
I tried contacting them for 3 weeks by phone and email.
None of this worked.

What I DID find was they will respond to you in about an hour if you post on their facebook page :).

playpunk

Thank you! I will go the FB route. I just wanted to give them a chance to respond via email first.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Stomptown

Mammoth does a lot of things right, but from my experience, painted/drilled enclosures consistently have issues. I like their black textured enclosures but refuse to buy anything else and always drill myself. Pedal parts plus is a better enclosure supplier. Top notch stuff over there!

pickdropper

Quote from: Stomptown on May 15, 2013, 08:54:11 PM
Mammoth does a lot of things right, but from my experience, painted/drilled enclosures consistently have issues. I like their black textured enclosures but refuse to buy anything else and always drill myself. Pedsl parts plus is a better enclosure supplier. Top notch stuff over there!

I've even switched away from the black textured enclosures as I've had issues with the finish chipping.

Totally agree about PPP.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Mike B.

I've had finish chipping issues with Mammoth enclosures as well. I'll add another thumbs up for PPP.

In Blake's defense, he normally makes good on any mishaps but at a point it's just not worth the extra trouble. PPP always gets it right the first time.

Stomptown

Quote from: pickdropper on May 15, 2013, 09:30:01 PM
Quote from: Stomptown on May 15, 2013, 08:54:11 PM
Mammoth does a lot of things right, but from my experience, painted/drilled enclosures consistently have issues. I like their black textured enclosures but refuse to buy anything else and always drill myself. Pedsl parts plus is a better enclosure supplier. Top notch stuff over there!

I've even switched away from the black textured enclosures as I've had issues with the finish chipping.

Totally agree about PPP.

Thanks for the heads up about the chipping paint! I will definitley stick with PPP in the future. Do you know if PPP sells a black textured enclosure?

BTW, I also notice a huge difference in quality between the translucent enclosures. The ones mammoth sells seem to scratch easily while PPP ones seem much more durable and scratch resistant...

jighead81

I've had similar problems with their enclosures, (screws, drill holes waaaaaaaayyyy off, etc.)  They've made good on most things, but like Mike said, it's just not worth the trouble sometimes.  They're literally 10 minutes away from me so I order most of my little parts through them, but I definitely get my enclosures from PPP from now on, especially if I need some stuff painted.  I recently acquired a cheap drill press, and never again will I pay someone to use a hand drill to do my enclosures.  ;D

BraindeadAudio

www.4siteelectronics.com

use them, parent company to mammoth. Cheaper pricing as well.

TNblueshawk

I'm sad to hear all this. I say that as Blake jumped onto BYOC when he first started up and always asked our opinion etc... He always wanted to do right but it seems to an issue with these enclosures for him.

The part that I'm sad about is the lack of response to emails etc... No excuse there I'm afraid.

Oh well.
John

gtr2

Yeah, the enclosures seem to be their Achilles' heel.

I don't purchase much from them but the enclosures have been hit and miss.

Hopefully they get your order straightened out!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

Comfort Player

Quote from: TNblueshawk on May 16, 2013, 04:56:26 PM
I'm sad to hear all this. I say that as Blake jumped onto BYOC when he first started up and always asked our opinion etc... He always wanted to do right but it seems to an issue with these enclosures for him.

The part that I'm sad about is the lack of response to emails etc... No excuse there I'm afraid.

Oh well.

I think Blake has moved more into the graphic side of the business.  My latest dealing have been with Isaac.

Here is a quote I got from him about a month ago

"I am the new manager here at Mammoth. Blake is still here, he's just doing more of the web design/graphic arts side of the business, which is what he really like doing."

Contact info

email: isaac@mammothelectronics.com

Isaac Nelson
General Manager
Mammoth Electronics
3203 Broce Dr.
Suite B
Norman, OK 73072
405-254-4112

Silence..... I Keeeeeel youuuuuu....

DutchMF

Only ordered from Mammoth once, but had an issue with that. They did respond to my email very quickly though, and got the issue sorted quite quick as well.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

pickdropper

Quote from: BraindeadAudio on May 16, 2013, 03:34:50 AM
www.4siteelectronics.com

use them, parent company to mammoth. Cheaper pricing as well.

I would assume these use the same powder coating as Mammoth, they just have different pricing.  Do you know if that is the case?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper