News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Boneyard (#2)

Started by pryde, May 13, 2013, 07:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

Here is a Boneyard I built for my brother in law. This is the now discontinued pcb with crunch/high gain. I again used the klon buffer for this one to eliminate the notorious squealing/oscillation and it works like a charm. No need to use sheilded cable with the buffer in place, dead quiet and sounds great with all stock values. I am down to my last fabbed boneyard pcb  :(

My brother in law wanted a Union Jack/Marshall theme to give props where its due. Threw in a quick demo at the bottom just fordahelluvit  :)

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jpparlier/boneyard-2[/soundcloud]

jkokura

That's a really vivid graphic! I like it.

I'm glad the buffer helped. I plan to do the same.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Parra

great looking finish, and you can never go wrong with those knobs!

DutchMF

That looks so cool! Those graphics have some real depth to them, nice!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

rullywowr

Really clean looking build!  Nice.  I especially like the Marshal-esqe knobs and sweet graphic.  Just curious which color of water clear LED you used for the clipping circuit?  Red?

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pryde

Quote from: rullywowr on May 13, 2013, 08:55:03 PM
Really clean looking build!  Nice.  I especially like the Marshal-esqe knobs and sweet graphic.  Just curious which color of water clear LED you used for the clipping circuit?  Red?

Yes red waterclear 5mm. I tried many different options and these seam to get the best crunch tone for my ears. I believe the orginal CM plexitone used them as well.

micromegas

what kind of paper did you use for the artwork? that thing looks amazing
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

alanp

I love that finish! The flag looks like it was scavenged from some kind of naval wrecking yard. The Marshall knobs just finish it off nicely :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

nzCdog

Fantastic build!  Those gold amp knobs are so nom nom

pryde

Thanks everyone. It is just the normal inkjet waterslide decal with clear coat. The decal printed out really nice this time. Usually the quality is ok but this one has some very deep colors. Marshall style knobs from smallbear

GhostofJohnToad

Excellent on all accounts.  Just perfect graphic,  I love love how it all looks together.  Kinda reminds me of Iron Maiden for some reason.

hoodoo

Great build mate, i avoided the bone yard for the noise issues that alot of people were having, but after hearing your demo and the fix that you found i'm kicking myself, sounds great, Matt.