News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Another Soul Stomper

Started by Stomptown, May 13, 2013, 05:23:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stomptown

Here is another Plimsoul clone that I had fabbed. For this one I decided to remove the ground/9V planes in hopes that I could eliminate some noise issues I had with the last one. I also used a 10KB pot for gain and a 50kA for volume to help mitigate the issues. I'm not having any issues with it other than a high pitched squeal when the pedals output is plugged into the amp and guitar is not plugged into the input. Anyone know what would cause this?

I also chose a bolder font for this one and used a brushed copper enclosure from PPP. This is the first enclosure I've bought from them and I am extremely happy with it. These "brushed" finish enclosures are great for laser etching. From what I can tell, the brushed finish is actually achieved by sanding the enclosure prior to powder coating. It eliminates the possibility of blemishes beneath the surface and would be perfect for etching large areas.

I have to say I love this pedal right now. It is a very smooth/creamy OD and it does clean up nicely when I reduce the volume on my guitar. If I could just get rid of that noise I would be satisfied!

jubal81

That is freaking out of sight. I hope you enter this in the contest. The color, knobs, guts - it's just beautiful.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Yeah, it really is a great looking build.  Inside and out.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gingataff

Very tidy!

The brushed case adds a bit of class too.

Parra

Cortexturizer

fantastic looking thing, i really love the color.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

midwayfair

Man, THAT's what a brushed finish looks like?

Adding to my next order ..................

Great work as always.

raulduke

Lovely Stuff dude.

Clean as a whistle!

Stomptown

pryde

Dang.

Spot on gorgeous, upper echelon build. Congrats!

jkokura

I love how the brushed finish stays on the lasered out parts.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Roctopus

clean build man...love it!

nzCdog

Slick!  Very clean build :)

pickdropper

Quote from: jkokura on May 13, 2013, 10:14:21 PM
I love how the brushed finish stays on the lasered out parts.

Jacob

No kidding.  I may have to give that a shot in the future.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hoodoo

Classy looking pedal, the whole package is spot on, still very envious of you lucky lads with lasers ;)