News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Mr Futs

Started by alanp, May 12, 2013, 07:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzCdog

Crazy cool!  No wonder the originals go for such big dosh with all the work involved in the build... nice job Al

electricstorm

Hey Alan!

Great job. Would have commented earlier, but have had massive computer problems over the last three weeks or so. Finally getting them sorted.

Glad you were able to make use of the template.!

Jim
ElectricStorm

No current affiliations

Lovetone Flanger  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3v4twi2sbs0l5p7/1Ep9NbRE2T

alanp

I can be lazy sometimes. At other times, my OCD kicks in. (This happened when I was wiring this thing up -- I'd get to a good stopping point, then play World of Warcraft. A minute later, all I can think about is the wiring I'll need to do next... how to route it... soldering... my poor paladin was getting no attention.)

So I pulled it apart to take some photos. I was going to adjust trimmers, but it sounds okay to me.

For the amount of wires it has, it's quite tidy, really :) One small good point -- with the jacks wired like they are, it will completely work outside the enclosure like this (doesn't rely on case for grounding.)

Big tip to make it musically usable -- tune the VCO. Play your root note or main note or whatever, and adjust the VCO frequency until it stops 'beating'. I'm going to experiment with this and a pedal once my new expression pedal turns up :)

Here's my next big project --

One 3n3 cap still has to go on, plus wires :) Once the cap plus a slide switch turns up, I'm going to drill the enclosure and wire that one up. I really don't want to wire it up without the drilled enclosure because I won't know how long to trim the wires.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

raulduke

Yowzer!

That is one hell of a build to complete in one day!

Hangingmonkey

Wow, that really is rucking futs!
So how long before we can order some professional lo profile silk screened pcbs from you?
:p

jvg13

That is impressive!  :o  I would get worn out just using something with all those knobs and switches, nevermind building it!   :)