News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

dual mode zero point

Started by REPTAR, May 10, 2013, 11:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REPTAR

So I was thinking, I really like my zero point deluxe.  But in a live setting,  I usually only leave it on one mode.  How complicated would it be to use a footswitch to switch on a second mode, almost like a preset?  An example of this would be the mod Jhs :/ offers for the rv5 and dd5.  I know I could do something similar by wiring a switch to a pot, but I'm looking for a little more... preset-like-ness.  I'd like the second mode to have "preset" settings, mainly just for the feedback and mix.  Not sure if this is possible, but I figured if it was, someone here might be able to figure it out.

jkokura

Hmm, so you want different knob settings along with a different mode setting?

This is getting into complicated territory. It would be possible to put one, and maybe even two knobs on a switch to switch between a long delay with many repeats and a short delay with few repeats, but getting the mod changed, and all the knobs on a preset sort of deal would likely involve some sort of digital potentiometers and some programming of a micro-controller.

I think it's doable, but it's a big project.

I think getting the mode switch on a footswitch might be doable too, but complicated. If you wanted to just eliminate 2 of the modes and just go with two of them, you could easily switch between two modes with a footswitch, but you wouldn't be able to switch the knob settings unless you got into some complicated stuff.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

BraindeadAudio

In theory....if you found the knob setting and calculated the exact resistance the pot was set to you could just wire a resistor value of that on a footswitch to switch between them on the fly....

REPTAR

Yeah... figured it would be complicated.

jimilee

Quote from: REPTAR on May 11, 2013, 06:50:27 PM
Yeah... figured it would be complicated.
Or could you put a second set of knobs on a switch, and stomp between the 2 different settings?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Matt

I think this would work.  Someone correct me if im wrong.

Using some ideas from above, you could use a 4pdt footswitch.  If you look at the SDX schematic, the picture will make a lot more sense.  You could use preset resistor values in place of the feedback and mix controls or wire up pots as resistors.

The mix control would be wired just like the feedback control

The biggest problem with doing this is that you would have to remove the rotary switch from the pcb.

Also, if you are not using the path switch, I think you could wire the mix control within the individual modes at (mode A) for unfiltered or if you are using filtered repeats, you could wire it before feedback 3.  That would free up the last pole for different delay times.
Matt

hoodoo

Build another one, problem solved ;)

BraindeadAudio

Quote from: Dc10 on May 11, 2013, 08:11:46 PM
I think this would work.  Someone correct me if im wrong.

Using some ideas from above, you could use a 4pdt footswitch.  If you look at the SDX schematic, the picture will make a lot more sense.  You could use preset resistor values in place of the feedback and mix controls or wire up pots as resistors.

The mix control would be wired just like the feedback control

The biggest problem with doing this is that you would have to remove the rotary switch from the pcb.

Also, if you are not using the path switch, I think you could wire the mix control within the individual modes at (mode A) for unfiltered or if you are using filtered repeats, you could wire it before feedback 3.  That would free up the last pole for different delay times.

Yes, exactly what I was saying minus the wiring diagram. haha