News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Multiplex..... finally!

Started by DutchMF, May 08, 2013, 05:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DutchMF

Finished this about two months ago, boxed it up, scribbled something with a paint pen to label the knobs and threw it on my board. But as I enjoyed it so much, I thought it deserved a proper finish. Took it home, took it out of the enclosure again to apply a finish and decided to rewire it, as I didn't do a really good job the first time... Hope you like it!

Pics aren't fantastic, especially the gut shot, having some really weird light here at the moment. I'll try to take some more tomorrow morning.

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

fendman

Hey Paul, that must be the only Multiplex I have seen inverted :D Loving the graphics, the wiring is spot on.

I think it looks fantastic the way you have done it.

Great work fella 8)

Mike

Parra

it took me about 1 minute to realize that i was looking at a trapezoidal box! Ahah..

Man, that wiring it's inspirational.

Bret608

Looks really cool! What did you print that label on exactly?

I've actually tricked someone into thinking a normal 1590b was trapezoidal due to my bad photography!  8) These enclosures do play tricks on one's eyes...

selfdestroyer

Looks great.. is that the green duct tape? I remeber a member saying they bought a bunch of colored Duct tape to work with.

DutchMF

Quote from: fendman on May 08, 2013, 07:09:52 PM
Hey Paul, that must be the only Multiplex I have seen inverted :D Loving the graphics, the wiring is spot on.

I think it looks fantastic the way you have done it.

Great work fella 8)

Mike

Quote from: Parra on May 08, 2013, 07:20:18 PM
Man, that wiring it's inspirational.

Thanks guys, it took me two session of over an hour to get it done, and re-done, and in one case re-done again.... I was aiming for the best I could do wiring-wise, and damn, that takes a lot of time!

Quote from: Bret608 on May 08, 2013, 07:52:16 PM
Looks really cool! What did you print that label on exactly?

I've actually tricked someone into thinking a normal 1590b was trapezoidal due to my bad photography!  8) These enclosures do play tricks on one's eyes...

It's this stuff: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Adhesive-Decal-Laser-Glassy.html I kind of have a love/hate relationship with it so far, as it is impossible to get it on the box without a gazzillion small bubbles underneath it.... I selected the pics so they wouldn't show to much  :D And I think the trapezoidal boxes look better in person than on a photograph, like you said, the lens plays tricks with all the angles.

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 08, 2013, 07:55:10 PM
Looks great.. is that the green duct tape? I remeber a member saying they bought a bunch of colored Duct tape to work with.

Thanks! Yes it is, and that was me.... I also have Leopard, Zebra, Hotrod flame, skulls... There's to much fun stuff not to use it!

Paul

nzCdog

Dude! That looks really nice!  I just made an order at Banzai, wish I'd known about this adhesive decal paper sooner

aballen

Looks great man, multiplex is one of my favorites too.

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

billstein

How do you spin those wires so tightly? Teach me sensei.

ch1naski

Ah, awesome inside and out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

gordo

Damn, that's nice.  Do you use a power drill to spin those wires together so neatly?
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

lincolnic

It's absolutely crazy how clean that wiring is.

DutchMF

Wires were twisted by hand, which is the reason it took me so long..... I'm going to try and find the vid Jacob Kokura did on spinning them with a cordless drill, probably saves me a lot of time and painful hands...

Paul

TNblueshawk

Looks great P!

I recently saw the drill trick when a dude was making speaker cable. He just pinched the wire in the chuck and had a variable speed drill on low and spun that puppy.
John