News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A couple more Ross Comps

Started by pickdropper, May 07, 2013, 01:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

I had a couple of populated Ross Comp boards from the most recent batch, so I decided to box them up.  I kept the same artwork, but tried a couple of different things aesthetically.

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

Man that silver/blue one is just excellent with a 50's kinda vibe to it. Loving that one  :)
Laser etching on the silver plates I assume?

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Cortexturizer

Classy builds man, I really really love them. Absolute undisputed professionalism.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

pickdropper

Quote from: pryde on May 07, 2013, 01:36:53 PM
Man that silver/blue one is just excellent with a 50's kinda vibe to it. Loving that one  :)
Laser etching on the silver plates I assume?

Yeah, it is actually a two-tone acrylic plate that has a metalized top on it.  The laser etches through to the black layer below.
Function f(x)

gtr2

Sweet, always love the art deco stuff.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jubal81

Spectacular. Love the aesthetic. Reminds me of some device from the 1984 Dune.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: jubal81 on May 07, 2013, 02:27:23 PM
Spectacular. Love the aesthetic. Reminds me of some device from the 1984 Dune.

You know it's only a matter of time before somebody releases a pedal called "The Weirding Module."

It will almost instantaneously be mocked and ridiculed by fans of the book that hated David Lynch's take on it.
Function f(x)

Stomptown

I love the faceplate and color in that first one Dave!  :o

gingataff

Nice man,
Super clean and your graphic style is unique.
The blue/silver one would look great on my pedalboard  8)

TreeSlayer

I have GOT to learn how to do some of this stuff. mine are all starting to look alike. if I have an artistic bone in my body, I sure as hell don't know where it's at....  ::)
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

spaceboss

Really digging the blue one.  8)

I think I'm going to put mine in a tall BB with an afterlife and a squeezer, so I have all three major compression bases covered in one box.

rullywowr

Love the pedals, great art deco vibe.

I have a question:  Those frensel lenses look great.  I ordered some of them and I also ordered the "spacers" which look like small rubber o-rings.  In your pedal I see there is some sort of nylon looking collar around the LED...is that part of the frensel system or did it come with the LED?  Thanks in advance.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

billstein

Quote from: rullywowr on May 07, 2013, 04:08:03 PM
Love the pedals, great art deco vibe.

I have a question:  Those frensel lenses look great.  I ordered some of them and I also ordered the "spacers" which look like small rubber o-rings.  In your pedal I see there is some sort of nylon looking collar around the LED...is that part of the frensel system or did it come with the LED?  Thanks in advance.

I have the same question. I wanted to order some but the data sheet at Mouser is pretty confusing on exactly what you need.

lincolnic