Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Finished my 1st 2 Madbean builds

Started by bcalla, May 06, 2013, 08:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I finished a Karate Shop / Harmonic Energizer:

And a Honey Dripper / Colosound Dipthonizer

I initially had some noise problems with the Karate Shop, but thanks to support from the forum that is resolved and it sounds great.  The Honey Dripper worked perfect first try, and it is an amazing effect!

selfdestroyer

Great builds.. that Honey Dripper looks very pro. Love the color and graphics.

MattOcaster

Check out my Blog :D
www.SonicTitanFx.com

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

H.E.L.Shane

mad props for squeezing the honey dripper in that box!!!!

gingataff

Nice builds and 2 kickass choices for first Madbeans  ;D

jimilee

Quote from: H.E.L.Shane on May 06, 2013, 11:54:12 PM
This!!! Wow nice job,I tried like hell to get mine into a 125b before I gave up. Those look great.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

TreeSlayer

Quote from: jimilee on May 07, 2013, 03:15:12 AM
Quote from: H.E.L.Shane on May 06, 2013, 11:54:12 PM
This!!! Wow nice job,I tried like hell to get mine into a 125b before I gave up. Those look great.
now that I see how he's done it, i'm doin mine the same way!
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

bcalla

Thanks for the compliments, I'm pretty happy with both.

For the Honey Dripper, I had to flatten the terminals on the 9v jack to clear the board.  There is actually a tiny amount of wiggle room in that enclosure.  I originally planned to place the stomp switch a little tighter against the bottom edge to make room for the jacks, but then I thought I might have to twist it 90 degrees to give additional jack clearance.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share my Inkscape layout, it has crosshairs for the hole locations.

Bob

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

TreeSlayer

Quote from: bcalla on May 07, 2013, 02:17:57 PM

For the Honey Dripper, I had to flatten the terminals on the 9v jack to clear the board.  There is actually a tiny amount of wiggle room in that enclosure.  I originally planned to place the stomp switch a little tighter against the bottom edge to make room for the jacks, but then I thought I might have to twist it 90 degrees to give additional jack clearance.

If anyone is interested, I'd be happy to share my Inkscape layout, it has crosshairs for the hole locations.

Bob

I am definitely interested! thanks Bob!

Layton

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

TreeSlayer

Quote from: TreeSlayer on May 07, 2013, 02:40:32 PM
Quote from: bcalla on May 07, 2013, 02:17:57 PM

Bob

I am definitely interested! thanks Bob!

Layton
thanks for sharing, Bob! if you need anything, just holler!

LT

raulduke

Congrats dude.

They both look great too; really cool graphics!

fendman

That is two pedals to be proud of, I like the way you did the Honeydripper.

Great work fella

Mike