News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

sometimes I should not be allowed out with cash

Started by angrykoko, May 01, 2013, 01:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angrykoko

Damn craigslist..  I'm now the proud owner of a giant 2x12 :)
It reminds me of buddah...

I told the guy naaa..(because really It's just silly for me to own such a thing in a 10x10 room) but, then the price just became right and the next thing I remember is at home and my wife shaking her head saying "Really????"
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

ch1naski

I hate when that happens.

(I'm totally lying.)

Nice, it looks like it was meant to be in that corner!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

GermanCdn

LMAO, that's great, and a nice amp.

The wifey head shake - the sign that while she doesn't understand, she knows it makes you happy, and that's usually good enough.  And that she's going to have more stuff that you equally don't comprehend the need or value of in the very near future.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

selfdestroyer

Oh I know that story all to well.. Like when I came home with my 2nd Bassman head and cab and the wife said "You have one of those already and I never see you use it" and Im like "But it was a 70's bassman and matching cab for $300" and in my mind that is all that needs to be said.. lol but shes happy after she then in turn spends $200 on knitting and  acrylic paints and what not. So I feel its a give and take for the hobby thing in my house.

When the timing is right and CList blesses us with a deal we can't pass up there is no reason not to jump on it.. at least I like to think so.

GermanCdn

Quote from: selfdestroyer on May 01, 2013, 04:27:14 PM
Oh I know that story all to well.. Like when I came home with my 2nd Bassman head and cab and the wife said "You have one of those already and I never see you use it" and Im like "But it was a 70's bassman and matching cab for $300" and in my mind that is all that needs to be said.. lol but shes happy after she then in turn spends $200 on knitting and  acrylic paints and what not. So I feel its a give and take for the hobby thing in my house.

When the timing is right and CList blesses us with a deal we can't pass up there is no reason not to jump on it.. at least I like to think so.

My wife was on the candle kick for the longest time, so it was the perfect foil for the "You have too much gear" argument.  "Honey, you're literally burning money when you buy candles, and we have enough candles to survive a month long power outage AND smell good at the end of it."

That being said, I try (with some success, sometimes) to move out one piece of old gear for every new piece of gear that comes in.  Doesn't always happen though.....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

timbo_93631

I am going to pick up my second Hammond M Series (M-100 I think) in about 2 and a half hours, last one was $80, this one is free.  My wonderful wife asked, "Why do you need a second Hammond?"  "Uh, because it's free honey and the first one has a tone generator that is pretty gummy and I'll have to take it out and completely clean it before it works really good and having a second one means I'll not make any mistakes hooking up the hundreds of wires I'll have to disconnect to get the tone generator out, Plus one day we might be able to have a double Hammond jam with the kids, etc."  Craigslist does rain down blessings upon us from time to time.
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

midwayfair

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 01, 2013, 04:09:03 PMAnd that she's going to have more shoes in the very near future.

I hate to be "that guy" (wait, I'm lying ... I don't hate to be that guy), but can we please kill this sexist stereotyping? There are few enough women on gear boards as it is.

GermanCdn

Didn't mean to offend, as shoes are her current weapon of choice, however, changed to a more suitable descriptor.

And the last trade off I had to make when I orderd my C6M was that she got to buy a Prada purse.   That one hurt just a bit.

midwayfair

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 01, 2013, 04:50:06 PM
Didn't mean to offend, as shoes are her current weapon of choice, however, changed to a more suitable descriptor.

And the last trade off I had to make when I orderd my C6M was that she got to buy a Prada purse.   That one hurt just a bit.

Obviously it's different in your case because the shoe fits. I'm just really sensitive to this stuff after one too many TGP threads.

angrykoko, sorry for the temporary hijack.

raulduke

Quote from: GermanCdn on May 01, 2013, 04:09:03 PM
LMAO, that's great, and a nice amp.

The wifey head shake - the sign that while she doesn't understand, she knows it makes you happy, and that's usually good enough.  And that she's going to have more stuff that you equally don't comprehend the need or value of in the very near future.

I know that look very well ha ha.... too true.

Bit of a thread derail, but Koko, how are you finding the OR15?

That amp has been calling to me for a while now.

angrykoko

Meh.. nothing to derail on this thread, I was just poking fun at myself hoping to give everyone a chuckle.

I LOVE that amp.  I'm finally getting some tones that I've been looking for.
It plays much better (IMO) with pedals than my HT-5.
I *think* it's the dark terror platform with a tweaked tonestack (and different packaging).

My favorite setup with it is Guitar -> Colorsound OD -> amp, get them dialed in just right and totally amazing.

I need to stop being a wuss and try my hand at recording some demos of pedals and such.

Koko
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on May 01, 2013, 04:44:08 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on May 01, 2013, 04:09:03 PMAnd that she's going to have more shoes in the very near future.

I hate to be "that guy" (wait, I'm lying ... I don't hate to be that guy), but can we please kill this sexist stereotyping? There are few enough women on gear boards as it is.

While I generally don't disagree, I don't think it applies if the OP is married to Imelda Marcos.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

marmaliser

Looks great :)

I tend to try and sell a few bits to make way for incoming . Last week bought a ENGL Screamer so flogged of a Marshall 1936 and a orange micro terror to make room.

We have Stereotypes for a reason and that is because a lot of whichever group conform to them. Its shoes with "her indoors"

artstomp

...i never thought our former first lady was so popular!... ;)

raulduke

Quote from: angrykoko on May 02, 2013, 12:53:58 PM
Meh.. nothing to derail on this thread, I was just poking fun at myself hoping to give everyone a chuckle.

I LOVE that amp.  I'm finally getting some tones that I've been looking for.
It plays much better (IMO) with pedals than my HT-5.
I *think* it's the dark terror platform with a tweaked tonestack (and different packaging).

My favorite setup with it is Guitar -> Colorsound OD -> amp, get them dialed in just right and totally amazing.

I need to stop being a wuss and try my hand at recording some demos of pedals and such.

Koko

Damn..... thanks for fuelling my GAS  :)!

It never ends.... it never ends!