News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retrograde: Chasing Unicorns,SOLD right here in a tech thread!

Started by jimilee, April 30, 2013, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

So I built a retrograde for my guitarist,works beautifully, built one for myself,melted down during the troubleshooting phase,pretty exciting. This is third one,and I can't seem to get unity on the effect. Am I just chasing unicorns?

I've reflowed everything a couple of times. Checked values as well. A second set of eyeballs would be very helpful and kind. Thank you.
Q1
C-4.3
b-2.8
E-2.8

Q2
c-9.4
b-2.8
e-2.4

Q3
c-5
b-2.3
e-1.7

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jimilee

bump before it goes to the box of fail
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

Check the tran sockets for good contact.  Also check the diodes, sometimes you can break the glass ones bending leads.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

jimilee

jimilee

replaced the trannies and the diodes,still got nothing above unity,any body got any more eyes they can lend or suggestions?

gingataff

Just mentioning this as I don't think it's been asked yet, is the transformer the right way around?

jimilee

Quote from: gingataff on May 08, 2013, 04:25:39 PM
Just mentioning this as I don't think it's been asked yet, is the transformer the right way around?
sure is. I've checked the resistors, I'm thinking I may have a bag of resistors mislabeled, can someone tell me the resistors in the audio path, or look at them and see if this makes sense?

jimilee

anyone want to buy it? needs to be debugged.$10 ppd U.S.

jimilee