News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Bias resistors for rangemaster OC44???

Started by QuatroMule, April 30, 2013, 03:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QuatroMule

Hello I just got my parts in to start my first build.  The madbean rangemaster and I already have a question....  I ordered the OC44 from small bear and the transistor came with 2 resistors that have the values written on a small pierce of paper stating (I think) that if I use these resistors, the transistor should be biased correctly ??? Am i correct on this? and exactly where do the resistors go on the madbean PCB? 

jkokura

Yes, those are the bias resistors. Each should have marked the location in the schematic it came with as well. Compare that schematic with the Madbean schematic, then you should be able to tell where they go on the layout.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

QuatroMule

For some reason I'm completely unable to post a pic of the schematic or anything else for that matter.  I'm getting an error message stating the file is too large?  One of the resistors states it goes in the R5 spot, but the madbean resistor doesn't have an R5?  I'm lost

jkokura

When I got a rangemaster Transistor from Smallbear, it came with a schematic and the numbers the resistors compared to that schematic. Did yours come with that?

Another way to check is to look at the Bias resistors in the Madbean schematic. The two resistors you have should correspond closely in value with those two resistors (i.e, on the Madbean Schem 3.6, the value you have is 3.3). You can match them that way as well.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals