News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Double Flush: the Heartthrob

Started by ch1naski, April 28, 2013, 03:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

Just a quick build report. Finally finished a board I etched, drilled and populated , threw into a hand painted enclosure.
It's a gift for a friend.

Forgot to take a gut shot, but it was nothing special anyway.

I used vac51 vactrol that I grabbed from apex Jr. seems to do well in this circuit. Gets very choppy, sort of like the bass in the mid section of "one of these days" by Pink  Floyd.
one louder.

lincolnic

Glad to see this finished! I was wondering where that stomp switch was going to end up. Still love this artwork.

ch1naski

Thank you. I don't expect to be doing too many more builds for a while, I lost my job of 7 years....:(
So I've got enough components stashed away for a few more builds....hoping to etch some more enclosures. It's the closest thing to "art" I've ever accomplished.:P
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
one louder.

Stomptown

Wow! Looks great. Your friend will be excited for sure.

nzCdog

midwayfair

Excellent box.

Quote from: ch1naski on April 28, 2013, 06:31:58 AM
I lost my job of 7 years....:(

Really sorry to hear that. :( Best of luck in the job search. It's scary out there but not as scary as three years ago.

ch1naski

Thanks guys. One thing I've noticed using this particular vactrol, when it goes from square to sine, the balance of wet and dry is changed... At least, I'm thinking it's the vactrol choice.
one louder.

jimilee

Dude, so sorry to hear about your job. Great build, looks like you can make extra cash etching and building if things get bad!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Quote from: jimilee on April 28, 2013, 08:15:47 PMDude, so sorry to hear about your job. Great build, looks like you can make extra cash etching and building if things get bad!
wouldn't that be a dream come true (next to playing guitar and getting paid)?:P

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

gingataff

Sorry to hear about your job man.

Good to see what you did with that case. I like the stomp placement and I couldn't find the LED at first. Very nicely done. Your friend will be very pleased I'm sure.