News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

E-concerts

Started by midwayfair, April 25, 2013, 04:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midwayfair

I wrote a blog post about this interesting bit of interestingness: concerts that take place online.

http://jonpattonmusic.com/2013/04/24/e-concerts-these-are-a-thing-now/

I thought this might be of interest to some of the musicians on here, in part because it's easier to use lots of effects when you don't have to worry about hauling a big board to a gig or wherevers.

If you have any thoughts, I'd love to hear them (here or on the blog), especially about the technical/logistical aspects.

gtr2

I've watched a few concerts that streamed live.  It's great for those of us with young kids!

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

DutchMF

And think about the whole Time Zone thing: I could watch (part of) a concert during my morning coffee (around 7, local time), which is taking place in the US at around 22-23:00! I can see the benefits... If the concert in question is interesting enough (ie big names) I wouldn't mind paying a little through Paypal or whatever...

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

alanp

I'd say it'd be quite dependant on genre. For heavy metal, where people go to gigs and mosh and get hammered with mates, not so much. For Sunn O))) performances, where you FEeEeEeEeEeElLlLl the music more than hear with your ears, not so much.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

My buddy plays blues and jazz professionally, both solo and with the joe Taylor group. They played a big show in D. C. and they streamed it. I dug that cause I got to see my buddy play in D. C. while I sat on my couch in TN.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.