News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

any news on the Weener Wah ?

Started by Ang3lus, January 07, 2011, 07:24:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ang3lus

got a crybaby shell waiting for a nice pcb :)

madbean

I believe it will be out by the end of the month.

LudfisterSound

night-B

I grabbed a non working cry baby for cheap, she's waiting on a cool MBP board too  :)

Myramyd

Yeah, I have an old Crybaby just a waitin' for some Weener lovin'.  :P

J

sgmezei

I need me one too. Totally stoked to dive into Wah modding/building.

jstbrowsin

yup me too got a Vox 847 shell ready n waitin' , but no pressure though.
As we have seen Brian has been ass down hard out for a while working his magic on some not so easy projects. . .so a little lee way for man is most probably called for eh.  ;)

Good things come to those who wait  8)

night-B

Since it's going to be my first wah, I've got a question.
I've got a non fonctionnal classic cry baby modified with true bypass and Led as a base. Can I only swap the pcb for the weener pcb or I'm going to change the wah pot etc.. ?

madbean

You don't have to switch the pot. However, as it is currently designed you will have to do some re-wiring. It's not a drop in replacement board for any particular wah, i.e. you won't be able to use the Molex connector to connect to the Weener.

night-B

Thanks for the information! It's going to be an exciting build for sure!  ;D

bigmufffuzzwizz

Is it gonna be modified to achieve different wah sounds? It would be awesome to go from treble-y wah to the more bass-y woah sound via a toggle switch or something similar.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

night-B

It is possible to switch the right caps and resistors or socket them on all the builds but I don't know on a wah.
The rack cry baby has frequency switches on it but it is very expensive :(

bigmufffuzzwizz

I have the Keely Mellow Wah which has this option, but I'm looking for something else. Don't get me wrong, I love the pedal and it sounds great, but more options always make it better.
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

madbean

It has an internal peak adjustment and an external filter adjustment. Rather than using a switch to go between four different caps for different roll off freqs, it's a pot. There's a wide range to select from.

sam_c

Ive just been given an old 535q that sounds terrible and has a huge amount of noise/intermitent signal loss.

Im hoping I can salvage some of the parts and hardware to use with this board when it comes out?  like the enclosure, fasel inductor, sockets, lytic caps, small external trimpots etc.