News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

vactrol question.

Started by danwelsh, April 21, 2013, 11:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

Hi guys, just have a question about a roll your own vactrol....i know you need a ldr and an led....could a person use a HERMETIC SILICON PHOTOTRANSISTOR instead of the ldr...it says on the datasheet:
Devices can be used as a photodiode by wiring the collector and base leads....or will it not work.

stecykmi

probably not, but post the datasheet?

danwelsh

danwelsh

If i can't use it for that....i have two of em, will they work in a boost circuit?

stecykmi

I would say that they are not drop-in replacements for the resistive-type circuits we typically make. you could make some type of LFO but it would have to be custom designed.

as for a boost, i don't these things aren't suitable for audio! they respond far too slowly.

danwelsh

Quote from: stecykmi on April 22, 2013, 03:50:40 AM
I would say that they are not drop-in replacements for the resistive-type circuits we typically make. you could make some type of LFO but it would have to be custom designed.

as for a boost, i don't these things aren't suitable for audio! they respond far too slowly.

oh okay, no big deal, i didn't buy em anyways, they were given to me....just thought instead of goin in the garbage i could make use of em.....thanks. :)