News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gauss Markov Octaver and Bazz Fuss Deluxe

Started by CarpathiART, April 21, 2013, 02:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarpathiART

I´ve been working on this for a while now. Got it up and running weeks ago but then started working on the casing. This has been a ground breaking build for me in many ways: I´ve totally redrawn the octaver circuitboard to fit the IC´s in as in the gauss markov files the circuitboard layout was designed for using SMD´s. Another thing is that this was the first time I used water decals. Didin´t quite hit the spot but did an all right job in my opinion. I don´t feel bad stomping on it now, hehe. Trying to have time to make a sound sample and maybe submit it to the april contest. If I don´t get something even more interesting finished.

So here it is in all it´s gory, the Spitalian Stallion!

ch1naski

That is awesome, I love the mix of potentiometers and the console style enclosure. You need to enter this in the April contest for sure.

Great work!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

jkokura

Unreal! Stacked PCBs, Faders, and a wicked awesome graphic on a custom enclosure! This is the epitome of DIY!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

alanp

Dead cool.

Is there any reason the IC sockets were soldered onto the traces side of the board/
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

CarpathiART

Quote from: jkokura on April 21, 2013, 05:21:11 PM
Unreal! Stacked PCBs, Faders, and a wicked awesome graphic on a custom enclosure! This is the epitome of DIY!

Much thank you kind sir. I think I even surprised myself with the outcome. I always wanted faders on my pedals but didn´t have anything big enough to set them in that would make any sense of reason anyway.

Quote from: alanp on April 21, 2013, 05:28:26 PM
Is there any reason the IC sockets were soldered onto the traces side of the board/

The thing is the pcb layout from gauss markov had the SMD´s soldered on the trace side of the pcb and I didn´t think about it until after etching. And afterwards I didn´t want to risk my slim chances of success with figuring out all the reverse pinouts for the IC´s. Laziness is another way to put it I guess.

soldersqueeze

This fills my heart with hope- all my crazy DIY dreams are achievable!! Kudos sir, this is fantabulous

Neurowork

Wow this looks amazing.

One question thought, how to you get the white in your transparent waterside decals ??
I have used transparent stickers and waterslide decals but all of the white I attempt to print come out transparent ...

Anyhow, Kudos to you sir !!

Cheers

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

CarpathiART

Quote from: Neurowork on April 21, 2013, 07:38:28 PM
One question thought, how to you get the white in your transparent waterside decals ??
I have used transparent stickers and waterslide decals but all of the white I attempt to print come out transparent ...

First of all Thanks! I have a friend who has this weird inkjet printer with white ink in it. I wrestled with the idea  myself for a while. And the white in this is has about 2% black in it to separate itself from the background which I assume is always handled as blank by printers.

lincolnic

Stomptown

Quote from: CarpathiART on April 21, 2013, 02:15:36 PM
Trying to have time to make a sound sample and maybe submit it to the april contest. If I don´t get something even more interesting finished.

Well is doesn't get much interesting than that! You should definitely enter this in to the comp this month. Brilliant! I love everything about it...

CarpathiART

Quote from: Stomptown on April 22, 2013, 03:58:00 AM
Well is doesn't get much interesting than that! You should definitely enter this in to the comp this month. Brilliant! I love everything about it...

"We have such things to show you" -Pinhead, Hellraiser

And Thanks! I still have about 8 2x100K faders lying around so I hope to see some more of those in my attempts. I´ve tried looking for some but I´d hope finding more circuits with just 100K Log pots used so I could put those of mine in use. We´ll see.

wolfingsworth

When I first saw this, I thought for sure it was a contest entry. You really need to enter this!

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

CarpathiART

Quote from: wolfingsworth on April 25, 2013, 04:44:46 AM
When I first saw this, I thought for sure it was a contest entry. You really need to enter this!

I try to have time to put together some kind of demo today and take couple better images of the whole thing and throw it in the mix!