News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The anticipation is killing me!

Started by wolfingsworth, April 15, 2013, 04:33:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfingsworth

So, my lovely wife is due to have our third child one week from today, which pretty much means any minute. I currently have a Kingslayer and a Cosmopolitan verified and ready to be boxed along with half a dozen other projects in the works. Will I get anything done before D-Day? Will I have time after baby is here? Will I even care about pedal building when I have an infant and two other young children depriving us of sleep? (I hope so, something has got to take my mind off of this hobby right?). Oh well, good problems to have :)

timbo_93631

Quote from: wolfingsworth on April 15, 2013, 04:33:18 AM
So, my lovely wife is due to have our third child one week from today, which pretty much means any minute. I currently have a Kingslayer and a Cosmopolitan verified and ready to be boxed along with half a dozen other projects in the works. Will I get anything done before D-Day? Will I have time after baby is here? Will I even care about pedal building when I have an infant and two other young children depriving us of sleep? (I hope so, something has got to take my mind off of this hobby right?). Oh well, good problems to have :)

-probably will get little done before d-day
-always time to build during naps and after everyone goes to bed
-building always helps me decompress after a busy day with the kiddos
-pedals/guitars/hobbies are never as important once you are holding that little baby...
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

jimilee

Quote from: timbo_93631 on April 15, 2013, 04:45:05 AM
Quote from: wolfingsworth on April 15, 2013, 04:33:18 AM

-probably will get little done before d-day
-always time to build during naps and after everyone goes to bed
-building always helps me decompress after a busy day with the kiddos
-pedals/guitars/hobbies are never as important once you are holding that little baby...
Very true, after my daughter was born I took time off from playing to play with her, she was way more fun. After she turned 5 I was ready to get back into it.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

Congrats, and good luck! 

I concur with the others, and fwiw the pedal thing has been my gateway back into playing again now that my kids are no longer newborns. 

Anyway, you need something to take your mind off the day to day thing once in a while, and nap time and bedtime is perfect.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

atreidesheir

The baby will knock everything else off your radar.  They are an incredible blast!  especially when they are sleeping so much at first.  You just get to snuggle and totally experience them.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

wolfingsworth

Thanks for the insight guys! I hope it didn't sound like I was worried that I was going to neglect the baby because of my hobby. In like 3 years of pedal building I have completed less than 10 mediocre builds, mostly due to the fact that I only work on my hobby stuff after everyone else goes to bed. My wife and two little girls are the best part of my life and now I get a little boy too! All I really meant was I have too many projects and not as much time as I would like to finish them. Thanks for letting me ramble!

pickdropper

Congrats on the upcoming baby!

If this is your third, then obviously you know what to do.  It's just a matter of getting back into the swing of it again.  Pedals will quickly take a backseat to spending time with the baby and sleeping (when you can).
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

Quote from: wolfingsworth on April 16, 2013, 01:37:11 AM
Thanks for the insight guys! I hope it didn't sound like I was worried that I was going to neglect the baby because of my hobby. In like 3 years of pedal building I have completed less than 10 mediocre builds, mostly due to the fact that I only work on my hobby stuff after everyone else goes to bed. My wife and two little girls are the best part of my life and now I get a little boy too! All I really meant was I have too many projects and not as much time as I would like to finish them. Thanks for letting me ramble!
No, wasn't taken that way, my family is the best part of my life also. I build on my 3 days off during the week when I'm alone also.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

nzCdog

All the best mate... remember to get some good sleeps while you can! ;D

wolfingsworth

Quote from: nzCdog on April 16, 2013, 03:34:54 AM
All the best mate... remember to get some good sleeps while you can! ;D
This is good advice! I know I will be wishing for these times when I actually get to sleep at night!