News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Bigger Muff

Started by pickdropper, April 13, 2013, 02:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pickdropper

This isn't the most interesting build report there is, but it's semi amusing, so I decided to post it.

I've been building some of my mini muff pedals for a local shop.  A guy bought one for his second board and end up loving it so he decided he wanted one for his primary gigging board.  But he is very particular about his board layout, so it had to match the exact layout of the pedal it was replacing (I heard Malekko, but I don't really know).  so I had to strain to stuff a mini pcb into a 1590bb and put all the inputs and outputs where the cables were already routed.

I should've put 3 of the circuits in there.  It would've fit in the box.   ;D

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jprizz

That is simply stellar! I love your builds.

midwayfair

Looks like the B:assmaster layout.

Looks like it went through an enlarging ray!

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Stomptown

Great layout! At first I thought you had one of the 14" jacks on the bottom side of the enclosure. I like how the three knobs are placed vertical...

jubal81

That's a real beauty. Sweet knobs.  8)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

pickdropper

Quote from: midwayfair on April 13, 2013, 05:26:39 PM
Looks like the B:assmaster layout.

Looks like it went through an enlarging ray!

I looked up the B:assmaster and the knobs do sort of resemble that.  They put all the inputs/outputs on the top, though.  FWIW, I would've done it their way as it makes much more sense.  The inputs/outputs on this were not where I would've put them, but the customer wanted it that way and it wasn't any big deal, so that's where they went.
Function f(x)

Bret608

What a cute little PCB in that big ol' enclosure! I love the knob layout.

I notice you have some kind of ring on back of the fresnel lens in the enclosure. Is that supposed to come with those normally? I got the clear "cliplite" kind from Mouser some time back but there was nothing like that in the package. I just figured that were supposed to stay in place with tension.

pickdropper

Quote from: Bret608 on April 15, 2013, 02:06:58 PM
What a cute little PCB in that big ol' enclosure! I love the knob layout.

I notice you have some kind of ring on back of the fresnel lens in the enclosure. Is that supposed to come with those normally? I got the clear "cliplite" kind from Mouser some time back but there was nothing like that in the package. I just figured that were supposed to stay in place with tension.

Hey Bret,

Yeah, there is supposed to be a spacer.  Unfortunately, you have to buy them separately (I think they are about 10 cents).  If you look up the data sheet for the fresnel lens you purchased at Mouser, it will tell you what the manufacturer's PN is for the spacer.
Function f(x)

gtr2

Very spacious, room for one of Jacob's Peeps.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

jkokura

Quote from: gtr2 on April 15, 2013, 02:34:54 PM

Josh

Two even.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

wgc

Always nice when a design scales well!   Looks great as always Dave!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

midwayfair

Quote from: jkokura on April 15, 2013, 03:20:44 PM
Quote from: gtr2 on April 15, 2013, 02:34:54 PM

Josh

Two even.

Jacob

I tried sticking a peep in a pedal I built once, but it disappeared before it made it into the box and I couldn't find another.

I had this interesting "sugary" sensation in mouth at the time, however. It's a mystery.

gtr2

I live about 45 min from the Peeps factory.  ;D
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pickdropper

If you really want to be entertained, put a Peep in a vacuum chamber.
Function f(x)