News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

vocal harmonizer pedal advice

Started by hoodoo, April 09, 2013, 10:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoodoo

G'day to all, Matt here, and as the title suggests, i'm after your opinions on what you have used, or recommend in the way of vocal harmonizers for live use.
I know it's not guitar pedal related, but i'm sure there's plenty of guitarist/singers that hang around here with good advice ;D
Thanks, Matt.

hoodoo

Hi mate, thanks for the response, i have a fair idea what's out there, (i've watched the youtube vid's) but haven't actually used any of them.
I was after advice from anyone who has personally used the product they recommend.
I'm trying to avoid the digital chipmunk sound that he had going on, at times, in that video.
Or i could just beat the living shit out of the  bass guitarist and drummer till they learn to harmonise i suppose. ;)

jimilee

Hey hey, you leave your poor bass player out of the flogging and focus on the drummer. :D
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hoodoo

Well clearly, violence is not the answer. Rest easy Jimilee, the bass players head was too thick to hurt and the drummer just grunted something, as i'm hitting him, about my timing being off. ;D
Anybody?, any advice appreciated, Matt.

blue_tokai

There are a number of units out there. I use the TC Helicon Harmony G-XT since what I do is just me playing guitar and singing. its nice to have the harmonies on the chorus'. The G-XT allows me to plug the guitar into it and it can set the 'tuning' of the harmonies to the chords being played. Obviously you can also manually set the pedal to the key you are singing in.

Best of luck on your search :)

Cheers,

Russ
Recent builds.....
Sea Urchin, Cave Dweller, Autobahn, Little Angel, Tremulus Lune