News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Name that pedal.....

Started by ch1naski, April 07, 2013, 06:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ch1naski

My good friend did a nice hand painted picture on a 1590 bb for me, so in return I'm going to build him a nice effect and give it to him in the enclosure.

But, what to put in it? Fuzz is not his thing. He's into western swing, jazz, and Chet Atkins style guitar....I'm thinking a tremolo, or a reverb.....

Thoughts?
one louder.

alanp

A Fatpants and Rub-a-dub?

The only controls that would be right on that would be a row of 1900H black knobs at the top, on the green section, and the stomp tastefully placed right at the dead bottom, to maximize displaying the beautiful art :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

That looks great. I would make a "Blonde Muff" a three know Big Muff Pi with a tone bypass switch or a OpAmp BMP. Either way I would call it the "Blonde Muff" 

hammerheadmusicman

fat pants and a shoot the moon trem?

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

hammerheadmusicman

pickdropper

What effect do you think your friend would need/use?  I'd figure out the type first and then figure out which circuit it should be.  You could consider side mounting the pots so you don't have to drill through that nice looking picture.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

pryde

EA Tremolo with added volume/level knob. 3 knobs on top. Beutiful sounding, fender-ish tremolo. perfect

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: pickdropper on April 07, 2013, 01:16:17 PM
  You could consider side mounting the pots so you don't have to drill through that nice looking picture.

i'd put all the pots along the top in that green section.. it'd look awesome, and the switch in the bottom corner.

George

ch1naski

He's not a fuzz guy at all. I think a tremolo or reverb would be right up his alley. 
It's going to kill me to put that stomp switch in, tho.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

pryde

Quote from: ch1naski on April 07, 2013, 03:32:20 PM
He's not a fuzz guy at all. I think a tremolo or reverb would be right up his alley. 

How bout a tremolo AND reverb? An EA trem and a rub-a-dub reverb cwould fit in there nicely giving you 4 knobs total across the top. Only downside would be two stomps on the bottom but I think your friend would freeking love it regardless.  :)

ch1naski

Quote from: pryde on April 07, 2013, 03:57:01 PM
Quote from: ch1naski on April 07, 2013, 03:32:20 PM

How bout a tremolo AND reverb? An EA trem and a rub-a-dub reverb cwould fit in there nicely giving you 4 knobs total across the top. Only downside would be two stomps on the bottom but I think your friend would freeking love it regardless.  :)
kind of my line of thinking, also

one louder.

Stomptown

I'm ordering more a couple more Shoot the Moon Tremolo PCB's like the one I put into a 1590A. The only modification I made was to spread the knobs out a little bit. They were a little too close together on the first batch. These will look great in a 1590A or a BB. If your interested I'll set one aside for you. It's set up for 9mm board mounted pots (right angle Alpha like mammoth) and it would fit perfectly up in the green area...

ch1naski

Quote from: Stomptown on April 07, 2013, 09:50:48 PM
I'm ordering more a couple more Shoot the Moon Tremolo PCB's like the one I put into a 1590A. The only modification I made was to spread the knobs out a little bit. They were a little too close together on the first batch. These will look great in a 1590A or a BB. If your interested I'll set one aside for you. It's set up for 9mm board mounted pots (right angle Alpha like mammoth) and it would fit perfectly up in the green area...
Yes, yes. I do want a STM. I've got 6 vactrols waiting to go.
one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: ch1naski on April 08, 2013, 02:08:00 PM

Cool! I just ordered them over the weekend so I'm guessing I will have then in a couple weeks. Hopefully that's not to long of a wait. Let me know...

ch1naski

Quote from: Stomptown on April 08, 2013, 10:41:18 PM
Quote from: ch1naski on April 08, 2013, 02:08:00 PM

Cool! I just ordered them over the weekend so I'm guessing I will have then in a couple weeks. Hopefully that's not to long of a wait. Let me know...
letting you know. I want one!
8)

one louder.