News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Pork Barrel Question

Started by Guitar Master, April 05, 2013, 10:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitar Master

This is probably a really stupid question, but why is there holes in the pork barrel board where no components go? Am I supposed to jump wires between these? My board isnt working and I think this might be why... I did the jumps for the IC though.

brejna

Hi there, could you post few close pictures of your board? maybe i could help  :)

Guitar Master

I don't have a camera on me right now, but I am talking about the holes under like R10 and C6. I think there is 5 of these total (excluding the ones for the BBD jumpers)

brejna

Those holes are used just to connect top and bottom layers, so don't worry about that.
Are you shure that you have connect right pads for BBD chip? do you have any signal passing thru

Guitar Master

No signal whatsoever :( I'm thinking its some sort of short in the circuit. The onlny chip I might not have orientated correctly is the 4558 because it has no divit in it, only a circle, which way should that be orientated?

Guitar Master

Also, the terminal voltage drops down to around 1 volt when plugged in, what is this a sign of?

brejna

4558 could be a problem, circle is usually placed near pin number 1... so you should put that side up.

brejna

and if you have voltage drop then there is for sure some kind of short in circuit..

jimilee

Sometimes you have what's called vias and that just takes signal to the other side of the board.Check all your soldering and wiring.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

aballen

Post some pics of both sides when you can.  It will really help us help you.