News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Warhead charge pump? [used search, found no report that two pumps in line work]

Started by Cortexturizer, April 04, 2013, 12:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortexturizer

Quote from: Jeff B. on January 23, 2012, 06:28:26 PM

Charge pumps can be paralleled for increased current capabilities.  Using 2 LT1054 chips would give you 200mA at 9V and 100mA at 18V.  I plan to try this when I box up my Warhead Vibe build to see if it makes any difference over a single charge pump version when dialing it in.

I wondered if anybody had tried this in the meantime?

I would really hate to tear my DIY power supply apart and build another 18V source, or pump it to 18V internally in the supply, so much easier to try it inside the Warhead. Still, those 1054 are really expensive so I wanted to ask if somebody already tried this?

P.S. Sorry for the seemingly useless topic, but maybe it will help someone in the future and rank high in the search results when there is "warhead charge pump" as a search query involved...
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

ch1naski

Quote from: Cortexturizer on April 04, 2013, 12:00:51 PM
Quote from: Jeff B. on January 23, 2012, 06:28:26 PM

Charge pumps can be paralleled for increased current capabilities.  Using 2 LT1054 chips would give you 200mA at 9V and 100mA at 18V.  I plan to try this when I box up my Warhead Vibe build to see if it makes any difference over a single charge pump version when dialing it in.

I wondered if anybody had tried this in the meantime?

I would really hate to tear my DIY power supply apart and build another 18V source, or pump it to 18V internally in the supply, so much easier to try it inside the Warhead. Still, those 1054 are really expensive so I wanted to ask if somebody already tried this?

P.S. Sorry for the seemingly useless topic, but maybe it will help someone in the future and rank high in the search results when there is "warhead charge pump" as a search query involved...
Not useless at all. In fact, I plan on quite a few questions about powering this.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
one louder.

RobA

Although the LT1054's are pretty expensive most places, Avnet does carry them for about 80 cents. They generally have really good prices on TI parts.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).