News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

My 9 Year old, the Glitterratti and I

Started by joshua_eiler, April 02, 2013, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshua_eiler

Completion of an earlier post.  My 9 year old son and I finished this build last week.  We built it from scratch, from blank copper to a rocking pedal.  We did the enclosure design in Photoshop and etched it together.  He put all the hardware on and helped me solder the switch.  Great fun!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

Clutch21286

Very cool - What did you use to do the etching?  The same solution to etch copper boards?

slimtriggers

nzCdog

selfdestroyer

Beautiful etch and its definitely something you can look back and remember the time your son and you built it. I have a pedal my wife painted and I love the memories it brings back.

joshua_eiler

Quote from: Clutch21286 on April 02, 2013, 08:26:56 PM
Very cool - What did you use to do the etching?  The same solution to etch copper boards?
Yup.  Muratic acid and hydrogen peroxide! Amazing what you can do with that stuff!

jprizz

I see what you did there with the Name. Awesome sharing a hobby with your kids and teaching 'em right at an early age. I should do the same with my Hooligans, one of which is a Caleb (C.J.) too
-Josh

joshua_eiler

Quote from: jprizz on April 03, 2013, 04:45:15 PM
I see what you did there with the Name. Awesome sharing a hobby with your kids and teaching 'em right at an early age. I should do the same with my Hooligans, one of which is a Caleb (C.J.) too
-Josh
Awesome!  3 cheers for kids named Caleb!

Thomas_H

Looks great.
My youngest boy (5) always wants to clip off the resistor wires after soldering. And he does a good job with it :-)
DIY-PCBs and projects:

Jabulani Jonny

Awesome.  I have visions of my son and I building a pedal together.  He's 5 and helps out by cleaning the iron on the brass wire sponge.  I did let him hold the iron while we tinned some wire yesterday though.  Baby steps. 
Jonathan