News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NPD. Ditto Looper arrives.

Started by pryde, April 02, 2013, 06:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pryde

I have not bought a production pedal in a good while. This little fella is perfect for my basic looping needs. Pretty stoked to be playing with,... er jamming with myself  ;D

madbean

Yeah, mine actually came on Saturday. I had some good fun with it....so simple.

angrykoko

Mine showed up yesterday, I now have confirmation that I have no coordination between my brain and my foot  ;D.

All joking aside, really nice and simple.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

JakeFuzz

Yeah I was playing with mine yesterday. It pretty much rocks. The undo button timing is a little tough to get right for dropping out really pronounced tracks. The sound quality is absolutely excellent too; much better than my RC20 back in the day.

sirbergersworth

Mine showed up late last week. Only had time to use it once but it worked and sounded good to me. Perfect for my looping needs.
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

madbean

Two of these with a parallel/series switch would be really interesting running to a stereo amp setup.

chordball

This one looks pretty sweet. I checked out some videos after Brian posted that he ordered one.

So now the question is...Is there anything comparable to this one that I should also be considering? I'm new to loopers so I need some advice here.

pryde

Quote from: chordball on April 02, 2013, 11:19:06 PM
This one looks pretty sweet. I checked out some videos after Brian posted that he ordered one.

So now the question is...Is there anything comparable to this one that I should also be considering? I'm new to loopers so I need some advice here.

Nothing as small and simple as this. Loop playback is very high quality as well, sounds great. I don't know about using it live but for practice/recording I don't think it can be beat.

chordball

aballen

I've been considering this a s a replacement for my jm4 looper. 

Brian, any word on the loophole II?  I really like your compact two button looper design.  Just need a longer recording time.

culturejam

How are you guys liking your Ditto? I'm thinking about getting one to mess around with.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pryde

Quote from: culturejam on May 01, 2013, 03:54:18 AM
How are you guys liking your Ditto? I'm thinking about getting one to mess around with.

So far it has been ok for recording and practice...BUT I will say mine has had a couple hiccups/bugs with the switching. There has been a couple times where I could not stop or erase a loop, the damn light just flashed red like it was locked out or something. After unpowering and coming back later it seamed to be working again.

I think it is good but there seams to be a couple bugs in the switching that myself and some others are having. Maybe a future software update will fix it? I might just have a shitte one also?

selfdestroyer

Quote from: pryde on May 01, 2013, 04:03:39 AM

So far it has been ok for recording and practice...BUT I will say mine has had a couple hiccups/bugs with the switching. There has been a couple times where I could not stop or erase a loop, the damn light just flashed red like it was locked out or something. After unpowering and coming back later it seamed to be working again.

I think it is good but there seams to be a couple bugs in the switching that myself and some others are having. Maybe a future software update will fix it? I might just have a shitte one also?

I wonder if it uses the same foot-switch as the mini polytune. My switch is very wonky and works part of the time. I need to see about swapping it out.

gtr2

Quote from: pryde on May 01, 2013, 04:03:39 AM

I had a problem yesterday where I had a recorded loop that would not stop.  I was using it to layer some parts for background music before our church service started.  I actually had to pull out the patch cables and reroute my board because it was still stuck on playing the loop even after I unplugged the power and plugged it back in.  It was a bit embarrassing as everyone else was watching me frantically ripping it off my board so we could start the first song.  I got home and it worked fine  :(

Its great for practicing at home but I will no longer be using it live.

Josh
1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

pryde

Yep I had to send mine back and get a replacement due to the wonky switch. Its a damn shame cause I do like it but now I don't trust it at all.

So far the new one has worked ok. if it fails then I am giving up on the Ditto entirely.