News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Alembic stratoblaster finished.

Started by danwelsh, April 02, 2013, 05:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danwelsh

I made this boost following a fine fellows video on youtube how to make a guitar pedal in 10 minutes....it works really well....i used a 2n4392 transistor and an enclosure i already had...it works really well.:)

sirbergersworth

I really like my Stratoblaster in a pedal. Great little boost.
"Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand, says, "Don't you see?"
-Robert Hunter

Guitarmageddon

I'll second that^
I've put one in all my solid body guitars.
That's a cool looking pedal. 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jimilee

Say,isn't that Jimi Page with a les paul? It's a Zepoblaster
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

Quote from: jimilee on April 03, 2013, 02:01:05 AM

haha, i like that...i'm showing you pics first of my pedals and you can name em for me jimilee :)

danwelsh

thanks guys...i wish my printer was printing better though...time for a new one if i'd stop buying pedal parts first. :D

jimilee

Quote from: danwelsh on April 03, 2013, 02:13:51 AM

haha, i like that...i'm showing you pics first of my pedals and you can name em for me jimilee :)
Wow that's your first  or among your first? That's really sharp! Whats  happening with the 2 leds?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

danwelsh

This is with 9volt plugged in and bypass...

And this is in effects mode....

jimilee

Well that's cool,I dig the red and green concept too. For a second I was like,well that would just conffuse me, Then I was all,oh yeah I get it.

danwelsh

Quote from: jimilee on April 03, 2013, 02:21:59 AM

Wow that's your first  or among your first? That's really sharp! Whats  happening with the 2 leds?

no, it's not my first...i meant i'll show you when i finish them and you can name em for me :).....i'm wishin now i wouldn't have rushed it because i could have made a much nicer job but oh well...it works and will be on my pedalboard(when i build it, when i figure out how many i want on it haha)

jimilee

Quote from: danwelsh on April 03, 2013, 02:44:46 AM
Quote from: jimilee on April 03, 2013, 02:21:59 AM

no, it's not my first...i meant i'll show you when i finish them and you can name em for me :).....i'm wishin now i wouldn't have rushed it because i could have made a much nicer job but oh well...it works and will be on my pedalboard(when i build it, when i figure out how many i want on it haha)
Oh gotcha, and no problem i can name pedals all ay for other people,It's weird I don't really name my own. I threw out the name for the dragons' breath also that in the contest. Mine have clever names like the joker delay and the rasta einstein delay or delay zilla,or the stewie phaser,casue that's the pictures on them!
  I'm still trying to decide how many pedals I want on my board. So far it's 8 becasue that's all my power supply will support. I have a second power supply for my board I just haven't put it on there yet. The problem with that is,it gets heavy quickly!