News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NTD (New Tool Day) DCA Pro

Started by selfdestroyer, April 02, 2013, 02:28:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

yaaa! my new Peak DCA Pro got here today. The only bad thing I can say about it so far is that software is Windows only.. so I am going to test it in wine on my MacBook.

culturejam

:o

How did I not know this existed??

Makes my regular old DCA feel downright proletariat.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

jkokura

JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

DutchMF

Quote from: jkokura on April 02, 2013, 02:17:56 PM
uhh... what's it do?

Jacob

Thanks Jacob, now I don't feel like a dumbass anymore.... Haven't got a clue ??? ??? ???

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Parra

i think it is a transistor tester, tells you the type, pinout, gain, leakage, etc...

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Parra on April 02, 2013, 03:47:08 PM
i think it is a transistor tester, tells you the type, pinout, gain, leakage, etc...

It is a Semiconductor Analyser and it save so much time. One of the things I absolutely love about it is the fact that any of the three leads can be connected to any of the legs on a semiconductor and it will tell you that the green lead is on the collector and the red lead is on the emitter and so on.. so no guessing on the older transistors. I got it hooked up to a laptop last night and was able to make some of my own spec sheets of leakage and gain, it was awesome.

hammerheadmusicman

This just rocketed to the top of my purchase list!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

pickdropper

Quote from: hammerheadmusicman on April 02, 2013, 05:04:45 PM
This just rocketed to the top of my purchase list!

Yeah, I am going to buy one of these.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

stecykmi

I have a similar tool that i built from a kit. the company apparently went under at some point because their website is dead, however the tool is extremely useful. if you deal with Ge trannies on the regular, these are invaluable. mine will also tell you the Vf of diodes too.

stevie1556

Yet another thing to go onto my 'to buy' list!

How are you finding it to use?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

selfdestroyer

Quote from: stevie1556 on April 02, 2013, 05:39:58 PM
Yet another thing to go onto my 'to buy' list!

How are you finding it to use?

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk!

It's wicked easy.. I pulled out a box of AC128's and all I did was hook up the leads and hit 1 button. It will tell me the gain & leakage and I just took notes on each one to match em up. There are a few YouTube vids out there of some great reviews. I have only scratched the surface with the PC/USB connection. The device is really straightforward.

marauder

I just bought the older version, I don't think I'd use the new one enough to pay 3x what I got the DCA55 for.

All because a friend had a rummage around in his late grandads loft.  There be Ge trannies here!!  Got enough for quite a few FFs, rangemasters, TB MK2s, and TB Mk3s.  Made selecting them so much easier than the older method with the multimeter, RG's leakage testing circuit, and some calculations.

jkokura

It comes in pints? I'M GETTING ONE!

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

gingataff

congrats!
 I've got the regular dca and I love it, everyone should have one.

now only if it could match jfets...;)

Sent from my SC-02B using Tapatalk 2

irmcdermott