News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ethereal Verb - Tenebrion Reverb

Started by Jabulani Jonny, April 01, 2013, 02:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jabulani Jonny

This one is for the beginners out there.  This is my second pedal build, not counting my testing rig I did in February.  It's all about small victories right?  So this was my first non-kit build and I think it turned out alright.  It was a bit tight squeezing it in a 1590b, but squeeze I did.  

I was looking for a reverb with tone control and found it in GrindCustom's Tenebrion.  I prefer a darker verb so this fit the bill perfectly.  It's all stock and sounds fantastic, exactly what I was looking for.  

Learned a couple lessons with this one.  I found that I prefer drilling holes before painting.  I completely chewed up the paint in some spots when drilling.  Also, my bit walked a little on one of the holes so I had to "open it up" some.  Some of the black faded on the waterslide decal, but I decided to roll with it.

Here's to taking it one build at a time.

Jonathan

alanp

Gnarly. The graphics remind me of old 1980s D&D sourcebooks :)

I've got a Tenebrion board plus verb module I need to button up... strictly speaking, we should paint after drilling... just that a lot of us receive the enclosures painted already.  8)Gnarly. The graphics remind me of old 1980s D'n'D sourcebooks.

edit -- video says that it is 'private'?Gnarly. The graphics remind me of old 1980s D
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Jabulani Jonny

Doh.  Thanks for head's up.  Just changed it to Public.
Jonathan

jimilee

What a great pedal. 2 words.....drill press.once I used one,oh my lord.its all I use,I drive to my dads ever time I want to drill an enclosure.its so worth it. Harbor freight has got one for about 60.00 imma pickup soon enough.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Excellent work once again. Is that a resonator in the demo?

Jabulani Jonny

Hey Jon,
No, it's a Gretsch 6118T Jr.  Seen here with my Guytron amp.  I'm absolutely in love with this combination.  The Guytron is one of the best amps I've ever laid ears on, by far.  Check 'em out

Gretsch 6118T Jr by Jonathan Payne, on Flickr

Jonathan

GrindCustoms

Great looking built and nice sounding vid, glad you enjoy it :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

timbo_93631

Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

Jabulani Jonny

:o :o :o

First off, I love his demos.  Secondly, I can't play as well.  Thirdly....

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW THE REAL GEARMANDUDE

;D
Jonathan

Cortexturizer

Fantastic build man, you're definitely a stompbox star in the making!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

timbo_93631

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on April 23, 2013, 07:31:21 PM

YOU'LL NEVER KNOW THE REAL GEARMANDUDE

:D  More mysterious than Batman, that guy is! 
Sunday Handwound Pickups

nzCdog

mjcyates

QuoteMore mysterious than Batman, that guy is!

I actually know him. His real name is Eric. He works at Guitar-Emporium here in Louisville, at least he did until they closed up shop.

Jabulani Jonny

Quote from: mjcyates on April 24, 2013, 05:00:15 PM

I actually know him. His real name is Eric. He works at Guitar-Emporium here in Louisville, at least he did until they closed up shop.

HA!  Whatever Jack!  I see you trying to play all Bruce Wayne on us. Not this time buddy, not this time.

;D
Jonathan

timbo_93631

Quote from: Jabulani Jonny on April 24, 2013, 05:08:11 PM
Quote from: mjcyates on April 24, 2013, 05:00:15 PM

HA!  Whatever Jack!  I see you trying to play all Bruce Wayne on us. Not this time buddy, not this time.

;D
"Listen jack!"  Love me some uncle Silas!
Sunday Handwound Pickups