News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Chunk chunk question

Started by dog4107, March 31, 2013, 03:18:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dog4107

Im building a chunk chunk and I ran into a bit of a problem. Well while Im here I might as well ask a couple of questions.

1: I messed up when I was ordering my parts I needed to order two 15n caps but I only ordered one. I don't have anything local that resembles a electronics store other than radio shack  :( and they don't carry that value. On the board these go in c18 and c19 they are in parallel to add up to 30n. My question here would be can these caps be subed for different values and what difference would it make?

2: The doc for the chunk say to bias the trimmers at 4.5 volts. Ive seen others that say 5 to 6 volts. What are the differences?

Thanks in advance for your help.

kryoz

1.- You could just use any combination that reaches 30n, like 22n and 8.2n, or 18n and 12n, 3.3n and 27n, or just use a 33n and leave the other empty.

2.- the bias @ 4.5v is a starting point, it depends on your transistors, and other component values, as well as your power supply, if you are @ 9VDC you could start with 4.5v on all trimmers and then moving it up a little, maybe the first stage with a couple more mV, and the rest at 4.5v.

On mine (running it @ 12vDC) i have the first two stages a little higher than the other two.

Use your ears to taste.

Hernan.

dog4107

Quote from: kryoz on March 31, 2013, 05:35:24 AM
1.- You could just use any combination that reaches 30n, like 22n and 8.2n, or 18n and 12n, 3.3n and 27n, or just use a 33n and leave the other empty.

2.- the bias @ 4.5v is a starting point, it depends on your transistors, and other component values, as well as your power supply, if you are @ 9VDC you could start with 4.5v on all trimmers and then moving it up a little, maybe the first stage with a couple more mV, and the rest at 4.5v.

On mine (running it @ 12vDC) i have the first two stages a little higher than the other two.

Use your ears to taste.

Hernan.

Thank you for answering my questions Hernan, but it just raises more. I leave those for now and get back to building this beast.