News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yaay a new pcb

Started by jimilee, March 30, 2013, 01:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

A new fully populated pcb showed up today. I totally forgot I ordered it! Engineer's Thumb. Stoked, I know just the graphic I'm going to use.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

mgwhit

The JMK one?  I was thrilled to see that Jacob was doing that one and was waiting for it to go live on the store...and then totally forgot about it until a couple days ago.  Hope I got my order in while they were still in stock!

jimilee

Nope,got it from Blake I think over on BYOC a design by somebody called valve wizard.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2013, 02:09:43 AM
somebody called valve wizard.

That would be Merlin Blencowe, the guy who designed it.

His site is a goldmine of tube info ... and his tech infos on his pedal designs is fabulous as well.

jimilee

Quote from: midwayfair on March 30, 2013, 02:42:29 AM
Quote from: jimilee on March 30, 2013, 02:09:43 AM
somebody called valve wizard.

That would be Merlin Blencowe, the guy who designed it.

His site is a goldmine of tube info ... and his tech infos on his pedal designs is fabulous as well.
Excelent,thanks Jon. Are you going to be selling your projects on 1776? Tremolo specifically.

mgwhit

Yeah, Merlin is the bomb.  I've been sleeping with his amp books under my pillow for the last two weeks.

bigmufffuzzwizz

The ET is supposed to be the best new compressor design. Something I'd really like to get together for myself. Gotta tell us how you like it!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

jimilee

Quote from: bigmufffuzzwizz on March 30, 2013, 03:28:04 PM
The ET is supposed to be the best new compressor design. Something I'd really like to get together for myself. Gotta tell us how you like it!
Will do

aballen

How does it compare to the afterlife?  I'm really in love with the afterlifr

jkokura

Quote from: aballen on March 30, 2013, 04:58:58 PM
How does it compare to the afterlife?  I'm really in love with the afterlifr

I haven't built the afterlife, but they're different technologies based on different designs, so I can't imagine them sound exactly the same. However, they are both compressors, so there may be some similarities in the results.

For the record, I think the Engineer's thumb sounds just like the Ross comp (maybe better) BUT WITHOUT NOISE.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals