News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Unicorn Drive - VIPfx Xtc Build

Started by eldanko, March 29, 2013, 07:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldanko

Howdy friends!

Sorry for the two month hiatus. Life has been nutty, and pedal building has had to take a back seat lately. Nevertheless, I found some time this week to bang together this little beauty.

Hats off to Chi_Boy for the absolutely fantastic pcb. I built it to spec (socketed the diodes in case I get adventurous later) and I'm really quite impressed. The Bass knob is pretty crucial to tailoring the drive to whatever amp you happen to be using, and the clipping switching is nice. I find myself on the "Fairy Dust" setting more often than not. Sounded great through my Super Reverb, and absolutely killer through my Chieftain... I always liked the ZenDrive through the Chieftain, so I'm not surprised.

I was feeling particularly snarky the day I was putting the artwork together. It's sort of my own little tribute to TGP.  ;D

www.danekinser.com - Music, Builds, other nonsense

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hammerheadmusicman

I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

Haberdasher

That looks great Dane!
Always wanted to say that :D
Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

fendman

Very nice, I like the graphics very much...also clean and tidy build :)

Excellent
Mike

micromegas

uoh!

I only expect you submit that piece of art to the March context in order to hear the demo!!
it has to sound amazing...
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

jprizz

That is absolutely perfect, well almost... you should have used PIO caps or at least tropical fish ones, oh yeah and carbon comp resistors, and...  ;)

wolfingsworth

This is a lovely build! You do fine work! I really like the diode names. I hear those fairy dust diodes are expensive :)

LaceSensor

Awesome build. That pcb looks nice too.

whitebread47

Blake

"I don't think people are looking for the meaning of life as much as they are looking for the experience of being alive." - Joseph Campbell

nzCdog

jimilee

Are there real unicorn tears in there?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hammerheadmusicman

That's where the mojo is Jimi, in the unicorn tear diodes.
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GrindCustoms

Hahaha! Love it! 8)

The execution in and out is beautiful.

Where can i get one of those board? Layout is nice.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/