News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

ABDX with MV64 for tap tempo

Started by gitaar0, March 29, 2013, 09:40:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitaar0

I have a working deluxe aquaboy with two mn3005 and mn3101.
I would like to try the MV64 with that. Molten voltage does not have any experience with that. Anyone else any experience yet?
The Mv64 works 0-9 volt and i have the aquaboy running on 15 volt.

Thanks, Marc

jonrhee

Just posted something along these lines in the build reports. http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=9056.0

For incorporating into an existing Aquaboy, I would just follow the instructions in the MV64 documentation which I believe is replacing the time/mod section with the Delaytion circuit, feeding into Pin 7 of the 3101.

gitaar0

I am afraid it is a bit more complicated then that. As I said the ABDX is running on 15 volt and that needs some adaption to have the right voltage controlling the MN3101.

Thanks anyway.

stecykmi

you'll have to read up on the documentation for the MV64 to confirm, but i don't think it's more complicated than using a regulator (LM7809) to step down 15V to 9V.

jonrhee

Yeah, I was going to say the same.

gitaar0

Thanks for thinking along but:
Maybe I should be clearer. It is of course not a problem to get the MV64 to run on 9 volt.
9 volt is actually available as I use a roadrage to get the 15 volt for the ABDX.
Point is that the MN3101 is now running on 15 volt too.

As William Moltenvoltage explained to me: "MV-64 will work if the clock voltage is matched to what the 3101 wants to see, but Delaytion uses a 0-9 volt buffer which, again, may or may not work."

This is not in the datasheet btw.

Question is: will this work with an mn3101 running on 15 volt? or am I missing something now.....

gitaar0