News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Hats off to Jon - Hamlet delay is pristine!

Started by GermanCdn, March 27, 2013, 06:01:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GermanCdn

All right, so I've been on a bit of a delay building frenzy this month, built a a ZPDX, a ZP mini, a MP Jr, a Prefondis, a second Echo base, and an Aqua Boy (have not been on a boxing frenzy though apparently, as I have a dozen completed circuits on the coffee table, yet no pedal entered into the March build contest, it's been cold and I've been on the road).  Then the Hamlet board arrived from Jon, and I figured, what the heck, let's give it a spin.

Jon has hit it out of the park with this one.  I really like 2399 delays (and not only because they're easier to fire up than analog), and this one is just glass.  Didn't even break out a strat or tele to give it a spin, hammered it with my SD Distortion loaded Blackjack, couldn't make it break up before the amp, or even running through headphones.  Great board, great build.

Will be picking up some more when Jacob has them ready.  Really looking forward using it with the TAP set.

Off on the road again tomorrow, so I won't be getting it boxed up anytime soon, but when I do, I'll post a build report (I'm only 25 or so behind), and if I get enough down time, maybe I'll setup a DIY delay shootout video.

Again, hats off to Jon, pick this board up when you can.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

hammerheadmusicman

This is good news to me! However i did epect nothing less! I ordered one a while ago, I am however away at the moment, but when i get back to the UK, it should be there waiting for me!
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

midwayfair

Thanks for the review! It's always good to hear that someone else likes something to know I'm not crazy! :)

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 27, 2013, 06:01:58 AMbuilt a a ZPDX, a ZP mini, a MP Jr, a Prefondis, a second Echo base, and an Aqua Boy

:o

hammerheadmusicman

Quote from: midwayfair on March 27, 2013, 01:42:00 PM
Thanks for the review! It's always good to hear that someone else likes something to know I'm not crazy! :)

Quote from: GermanCdn on March 27, 2013, 06:01:58 AMbuilt a a ZPDX, a ZP mini, a MP Jr, a Prefondis, a second Echo base, and an Aqua Boy

:o

I know Jon, i thought the same! Delay mad!! With all those delays in your chain, that one note will go on forever! ;)

GermanCdn

It's a vicious cycle.  I had more boards then PT2399 chips, so I ordered a bunch of PT2399 chips.  Then I had too many 2399 chips, so I had to order more boards.  Then I realized I didn't have any more 50kB pots, so off went the order to Tayda.

Hey, it's all fun.  Each of the delays I've built sounds different from the other ones in their own way.  Really like the ZP mini as well, going to order a couple more of those next week, built one stock, going to build one with a speed knob, and put one into a multi.

Of note, I also have an Aqua Boy DX, a ZP SDX, one of Jacob's Taptation delays (keep forgetting to order the TAPTATION), and an MP with Mod board which are also in the queue.  And I haven't got the nerve up yet to try and fire up my Dirtbag, mainly because I really need to finish my new test rig, which never seems to get done cause it's less fun than pedals.

You can't have too many delays.  You just can't use them all at once.  Got this Frankestein-ish idea which involves a delay feeding a heavy stutter trem feeding feeding an fx loop for a fuzz/dist feeding two more delays, all in one box.......
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

hammerheadmusicman

got a feeling my face would explode! i have a few delays ready to build. not as many as you though!!

jkokura

I have more delays than any single other type of pedal. When I build a few more, I'll have as many delays as all the others put together.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals