Jon Patton's (midwayfair) clipper ship: very low volume, funky dirt.

Started by ch1naski, March 27, 2013, 04:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

Sadly, no. And I still haven't pulled the board. Was hoping the wires were at fault.
I need to set a few hours aside and get on this. I want to do my first build report with this project.
I hate fail. Fail, you suck. I refute you thus.8)
one louder.

jimilee

Right,I spent hours on a board yesterday with my big magnifying glass and soldering iron.finally got it.success is sweet my friend.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

ch1naski

one louder.

jimilee

ch1naski

I would like to close this thread, as i no longer need it, due to my own boneheadedness.

I would also like to report SUCCESS!

the volume pot not working got me to thinking..... those are the  items i did not double-check, since the values are hidden from view while it's boxed. so i pulled them, and i had 5kc (gain) wired to 100ka (volume).

did a lttle flip-around, threw the MP38A back in and boom. boosty overdrive goodness.

now, if you will excuse me, i must be on my way.......

to do a build report. ;)

one louder.

Stomptown

Quote from: ch1naski on March 29, 2013, 02:11:19 PM
I mean, for the cardinal trem. ( sorry, it's a bit off topic.)

On topic, though....I found the mp38a last night. Around midnight. After a solid hour and a half tearing the place apart. :-\
Of all places, it was in the ashtray. I almost threw it away.:o

That got me in a better mood (along with a little pinot noir), so I decided to start pulling the board and came across a couple of wires on the switch that literally snapped at the solder joints when I moved them (the wires were hidden by the switch board, only the solder side was visible). They just happen to go to the pcb In and Out pads from the switch. Hmm.

Thinking maybe that is the problem, I did a quick repair. But it was way too late to actually test it. I have not had the best results with the pre bond 26 wire from smallbear.

I'll know in an hour or so if that was the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nothing like a good Pinot to put you in a good mood!  ;)

ch1naski

one louder.

midwayfair