News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Fab houses and internal cutouts

Started by jubal81, March 27, 2013, 03:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jubal81

I just had to drill a mounting hole out to 1/2 inch because Seeed wouldn't do an internal cutout that big. Anyone have a tip on how to get a board fabbed with a 1/2 inch hole?
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

If you get any info about how to resolve that issue it would be greatly appreciated.

Usually when Seeed can't perform a particular job, i contact Sunny at iTead and most of the time we find a way to work it out.

I needed a particular cutout in a pcb, Seeed would'nt do it...but i got them made by iTead.

What i know is that they don't do «V-cuts» and need a minimum of 5mm between each cut or needed space to have the router properly working.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wgc

They should be able to do a route leaving a few tabs to the center that you can clip.  Another option would be to send a series of holes as a perforation, make sure to id as non plated.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

GrindCustoms

Quote from: wgc on March 29, 2013, 11:16:14 PM
They should be able to do a route leaving a few tabs to the center that you can clip.  Another option would be to send a series of holes as a perforation, make sure to id as non plated.

That's for panelized design, and they don't accept files like that.
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wgc

Ok, but you do realize that you're buying small sections of a panel?  And they can do files like that, though they may not want to.  It boils down to how much programming they're willing to do.

I think there's a way to mark holes as plated or not in the library.  I've only just started doing layouts, and those are smt, but I spent about 12 years in electronic assembly and visited many pcb fab houses.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

culturejam

Quote from: wgc on March 30, 2013, 02:37:16 AM
I think there's a way to mark holes as plated or not in the library. 

There's no need to monkey with the library. Just use the "Hole" tool in the board editor. You can drop holes where you want, move them around, change the diameter, etc.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects