News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Big enclosures..

Started by hammerheadmusicman, March 26, 2013, 09:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammerheadmusicman

So, I'm going away on this gig to play in a hotel somewhere hot for the summer, and i don't want to take my board, cause i have loads of stuff to get on the plane, was thinking of building a 6in1 or something. I have some really awesome tiny board to build up, and will probably put a lot of them in a on enclosure, so i don't have to take a board..

I don't know what will be in it, but.. I have an Afterlife, Apis, 1590A ZenDrive, think i have a cave dweller knocking around too, and a 1590A timmy with SMD from pickdropper, and 3 1590A Muffs form Jimmy. (i'll probably audition the dirtpedals, and put two in), and anyone who knows me, knows there will be a fatpants v2 in there too!!

So, i need an enclosure to put it all in, what do you guys think, and what model numbers would they be, not built anything that big yet..

George
I play Guitar, and Build Stuff..

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

GermanCdn

1590DD might work, but if you put each of them on a 3PDT footswitch, you might have a hard time stomping.  You can only really get four switches loaded into a DD before you have to start aiming with your big toe.

If they're all 1590A sized boards, you can get 5 in a 1032 looper enclosure with five switches pretty comfortably.

Good luck.  And nice job on the gig somewhere hot.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

midwayfair

Think carefully about what needs an actual switch ... in my case, I'd never turn off the compressor, so a footswitch wouldn't be necessary. In your case, I think you leave the Fatpants on all the time, right? Even a 1590DD the most footswitches you'll fit comfortably is about 4 (though you could sink the pots like on the Fairfield stuff and put switches all over the place).

The other option is a looper case.
http://www.pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PPP&Product_Code=1203&Category_Code=ENC14

EDIT: I am redundant.  :-[

hammerheadmusicman

Thanks guys, i may go for the 5 in the looper box, as i have size 11 feet ;)

Yeah the last two summers we played on the ships, but we've had enough of the open seas! ;)

Basically my fiance and I have landed this duo gig, playing 6 days a week in a brand new Thomson couples hotel (no kids) in Tunisia, it's brand new and 5 stars.. no more than 3 hours playing a day, our own apartment, and a full time wage! It's a pretty sweet gig!!

Scruffie

You're UK aren't you? These guys do some aluminium chassis that might fit the bill.

http://www.bluebellaudio.com/
Works at Lectric-FX

hammerheadmusicman

Jon, you know me too well already! I do indeed have the fatpants on all the time, and probably the compressor too, maybe some in between tunes adjustment instead of switching it on and off.  Currently i have two fatpants on my board, one at the start of the chain for tone, and one for a boost, so i'd probably put two in one with no switch and one at the end for solo boosts..

I am indeed Uk, That Bluebell audio looks interesting, and may fit the bill as well. I'm away at the moment, but when i'm back i'll investigate a bit more. Hopefully i can coem up with something really cool, might put it in the april comp!

thanks again dudes

George

pickdropper

I used a Hammond 1550G for my Andromeda build.  It's a large enclosure, but not too horrible to deal with.  I was able to hit all five switches with it and I have size 13 feet.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

hammerheadmusicman

Found that one for £18 in the UK, we may have a winner!

haveyouseenhim

Just for the record and future reference   bitcheslovemyswitches has the 1590DD for $10

It's a good place to get enclosures for cheap.
I'm sorry sir, we only have the regular ohms

juansolo

Careful with a fatpants and apis in the same enclosure. We had the charge pump clocks hetrodyning in ours. Ended up running the Fatpants at 9v (run the 9v feed to the 18v pull off) which cured the problem.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

hammerheadmusicman

Ooh, I didn't think of that.. Fat pants sounds ok at 9v anyway.

aballen

1550z124 available at mouser
1550j also looks like a good size