News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Retrograde Hendrix Style

Started by jimilee, March 21, 2013, 05:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

I guess there isn't too much to say,except here is the Retrograde.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/retrograde-guitar[/soundcloud]
[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/jimi-lee-2/etrograde-bass[/soundcloud]
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

midwayfair

Cool demo on the bass - sounds VERY synthy there.

fendman

Graphic is cool, I like that , but then I like Hendrix... Interesting sounds on the Bass Jimi, as you say near the end the octave switch makes it sound bad ass, it certainly gives it some  lift.

Nice one ;)

Mike

DutchMF

+1 on the Sabbath riff!!!! And on a nice sounding pedal, of course! I must admit (as a guitar player) that I liked it better on bass.... Imagine that octave sound through an SVT tube rig....  ;D Damn Jimi, I so hate the fact there is an ocean between us, I think we should drink some beers together!!

Paul
"If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the soldering iron!"

Rip57

Nice Jimi, Jimi. I love that you put in bass sound clips - always a surprise, as I'm used to hearing these effects on guitar, not bass. Anyway, sweet sound and a great look.

You are one talented and prolific builder. Keep 'em coming.
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer." ― Frank Zappa

jimilee

Thank you. I'm just a hack on guitar, bass is where my money is. And I agree, not too many people do bass demo's also, but there is a one or two that I've seen. This pedal is just brutal. At rehearsal tonight I had a few issues with it, but the guy I built it for loves it. I came home and reflowed a solder join you and bam, in business. It was the in lug (4) on my stomp switch. Second pedal I've done that to.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

gingataff

Nice build Jimi,
Just putting that pedal on a pedalboard gives instant mojo, now your guitar player has no excuses  ;D

jvg13

Nice - esp on the bass Jimi.  It would never have occurred to me the octave-fuzz thing would suit bass.  Reminded me of Muse's bass sound.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

Looks and sounds great! I've got to build me one of those soon...

jimilee

I'm gonna build one for myself also. It sounds way cool on bass.

danwelsh

TreeSlayer

great job, cat daddy!! what were your pup settings on your bass? my nephew wants to try mine out. he really likes the tone you got from it! by the way, i love the graphics. you need to share your knowledge on that with us...

LT
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King

jimilee

Quote from: TreeSlayer on March 28, 2013, 11:19:39 PM
great job, cat daddy!! what were your pup settings on your bass? my nephew wants to try mine out. he really likes the tone you got from it! by the way, i love the graphics. you need to share your knowledge on that with us...

LT
Fender pbas squire believe it or not,with a jazz neck,and I put Dimarzio split p humbuckers in it. It's a little trebley,but it works in this pedal.

TreeSlayer

Quote from: jimilee on March 29, 2013, 12:00:50 AM
Quote from: TreeSlayer on March 28, 2013, 11:19:39 PM

LT
Fender pbas squire believe it or not,with a jazz neck,and I put Dimarzio split p humbuckers in it. It's a little trebley,but it works in this pedal.
man, that's absolutly awesome! my nephew's rig is nothing like yours, so i told him he's just gonna have to experiment with it.
"At the line it's just you, me and the tree." the TreeSlayer

"You have the rest of your life to make excuses and be a fuckin' pussy. Today is your day OFF!"  Amiri King